Trouble granting access to another arlo account holder

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JRGifford wrote:

Trouble granting access to another arlo account holder

We need details.

• Is the invitation showing up as "accepted" in your account?  Or is it still showing up as "pending"?
  • Do you see "Library" as a menu choice in your app?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?
  • Does the other account holder see "Library"?  Or "Feed"?

sharann1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sent invitation to share my camera's, the invitation was accepted, it still shows pending and it did not share. 

Help

sharann1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pending

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sharann1 wrote:

Sent invitation to share my camera's, the invitation was accepted, it still shows pending and it did not share. 

Have them try again using a PC.  They click on "Create Account", which will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  From there they just log into their existing account (completing the two-factor authentication step).

Note that both accounts either need to show "Library" in the app, or both need to show "Feed".  You can migrate from "Library" to "Feed', but you cannot go from "Feed" to "Library".  If you need advice on migrating to "Feed", then post back.

Kristyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m trying to get access. Have been invited and their app shows it as “accepted.” My app shows “feed” the person who is sharing with me shows “library.” I have tried so many times to get access. Please help,

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kristyn wrote:

I’m trying to get access. Have been invited and their app shows it as “accepted.” My app shows “feed” the person who is sharing with me shows “library.” I have tried so many times to get access. Please help,

There's nothing you can do.  The other person needs to migrate their account to "Feed".

They can do that by going into "Add Device" and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  They can't complete that process without having the camera, but it will migrate them to "Feed' before they get stuck.

It works differently, so it could take them some time to get used to the new interface.  There are two important limitations:

• There are no custom modes in "Feed".  They can customize the three built-in modes, but they cannot add more.
  • There are bugs in geofencing+scheduling, so at the moment there is no way to get that combination to work correctly.