Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up longer record times in scheduled mode

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KevinKBC
Follower
Follower

With the next firmware update, please include the ability to increase my record time under scheduled events.  10 seconds does nothign when I car pulls up and the person sits in the car for some time.  I need optons on times like under the armed function.  Please make the changes.  Also, the zoom is not good.  I cannot even pull a lisencse plate from a car at 30 feet.  Why not make a built in x6 or x 10 option camera for outdoor traffic movement areas.

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

To adjust Arlo video recording length:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com.
  2. Tap or click Mode.
  3. Select the base station or camera that you want to adjust.
  4. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the mode for which you want to edit recording length.
    Note: You cannot adjust recording length for Disarmed or Schedule modes, only for active modes such as Armed.
  5. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the rule that you want to edit.
    If the mode only has one rule, it is preselected.
  6. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to Record Video.
    Note: If Record Video is not selected, you cannot edit recording length.
  7. Select Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec) or select Record for a fixed length of timeand move the slider to your preferred recording length.
  8. Tap < Edit Rule or click Back.
  9. Tap Done or click Save.
    Your recording length is updated.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Schedule isn't really a recording mode. You schedule in your modes eg Armed for the times of the day you want it to operate

Welcome to the group. I recommend you have a good read of the user manual online. 

For the license plate, change each camera's video quality setting to Best Video to get the best video quality. The quality will also be degraded if the signal between the camera and base is weak. It's also 'only' 720p with a lowish bitrate and a fisheye lens. Also, please ensure you removed the plastic cover from over the lens (sorry if that sounds patronising but it's something a lot of people inadvertently forget to remove so we're just covering all bases)

Failing that, share one of your videos and we'll let you know if it's significantly worse than what we normally see

thanskdonna
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree with KevinKBC if it was not such a pain in the ??? I would return the camera.   I moved mine camera lower on the garage as well at the opening point, and you still cannot get a license plate no matter how hard you might try.  What is the point if someone does pull in and something goes wrong you cannot tell the police what it was or who.  

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I can see licence plate numbers very clearly. What distance are you covering thanksdonna?