Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Lando3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 Arlo pro cameras. I want them Armed every day between 10pm and 6am. For the rest of the day, I want to use my phone location and Arm only if both my wife and I are Away. 

Any recommendations on how I can achieve this? I tried IFTT but didn't get what I wanted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Lando3 wrote:

I have 5 Arlo pro cameras. I want them Armed every day between 10pm and 6am. For the rest of the day, I want to use my phone location and Arm only if both my wife and I are Away. 

Any recommendations on how I can achieve this? I tried IFTT but didn't get what I wanted.

Set up a Schedule.  Add the mode Armed for every day of the week from 10:00 PM to 11:59 PM and again for 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM.  Nothing in the middle of the day.  Next set up Geofencing for your location.  Select the desired radius around your location.  For the away Mode, use “Armed”.  For the home mode use “Schedule”.  Select your wife’s device (likely a phone) and your device as the devices to determine your home and away status.

When Geofencing works properly, this will do it.  Currently, Geofencing sometimes works well and sometimes misbehaves.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Lando3 wrote:

Set up a Schedule.  Add the mode Armed for every day of the week from 10:00 PM to 11:59 PM and again for 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM.  Nothing in the middle of the day.  Next set up Geofencing for your location.  Select the desired radius around your location.  For the away Mode, use “Armed”.  For the home mode use “Schedule”.  Select your wife’s device (likely a phone) and your device as the devices to determine your home and away status.

When Geofencing works properly, this will do it.  Currently, Geofencing sometimes works well and sometimes misbehaves.

Lando3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks!