Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Kielmarkr
Guide
Guide

Is it possible to have two base stations one one account and how do you set this up? Trying without success. Would like to have some cameras on one station and the rest on another. Any help is appreciated. The arlo support staff is not very helpful. I have the Arlo Smart premier package.

5 REPLIES 5
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There is no limit to the number of base stations on an account (pretty sure you just add device and add the second base). The limitation is you can only have 5 cameras on the basic free account. So if you have over 5 cameras your trying to split across two bases on one account you'll have to pay for the subscription to be able to do that.

You can also setup a separate account on each base, split up and sync your cameras, then grant access in the app to the other account so you can see both bases and all the cameras in the app at once.

brh
Master
Master

@Kielmarkr

The Arlo Smart Premier has a limit of 10 cameras so unless you exceed that number, you are good to go. I have two Pro base stations on one account. The trick is that each base station must physically connect to a router or wifi extender with an ethernet cable. So, you can run ethernet cables to the base, use a powerline adapter, a wifi extender or use a mesh router with a satellite. Remove the cameras that you want to go to the second base from the first base, then once the second base is added to your system, just sync the cameras that will be connected to this base.

Brian

Jayz0r
Star
Star

This makes me think, is the Arlo Pro and Pro 2 base station the same or compatible? For example, if I were to get premiere and get some Pro 2 cams with case station, connect that with an extender, could I mix both pro and pro 2 cams on each hub?

Edit: my apologies, I just read the answer to my question in a different thread. Seems this is indeed possible to do.

Kielmarkr
Guide
Guide

I still cannot get the second base station to connect they are both on the same network. Both now show up, but the second base station does not show any information at all and I cannot add any camera to it. (Frustrated!)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the second base from Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button on it until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot and claim it again. Update firmware if prompted. ANy better?