Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Jschlode
Guide
Guide

How do you remove the grey overlay on full screen in iOS app. The top of the video is obscured. You used to be able to touch the screen and it would hide. Doesn’t go away now after app was updated.

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Jschlode,

Do you have a screenshot of the grey overlay you see, Can you attach the image here?

Jschlode
Guide
Guide

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Jschlode

What device are you using & what IOS is it running?

Jschlode
Guide
Guide

Arlo pro camera on an iPhone SE with iOS 12.01.
Never had this problem until app updated to new design a few weeks back.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Jschlode wrote:
How do you remove the grey overlay on full screen in iOS app. The top of the video is obscured. You used to be able to touch the screen and it would hide. Doesn’t go away now after app was updated.

Yes! I agree 100%. Remove the overlay. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MK6,

What Model device are you experiencing the issue with & what OS is it running?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@ShayneS wrote:

MK6,

What Model device are you experiencing the issue with & what OS is it running?

First gen ipad pro 12.9” ios ver 12.1

Model A1584

ML0F2CL/A

Arlo app ver 2.6.1

All cameras (Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Pro) and base station firmware up to date

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Updated to ver 2.6.2 and grey overlay is still there.

Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue. Grey across video at top of screen. Arlo pro camera on an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 12.01.
Glassman3363
Tutor
Tutor

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JeffWB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have had 2Pro cameras set up for over a year that I control thru an app on my iPhone and have found both to be extremely disappointing in so far as quality where the live streams are so blotchy and foggy that most of the scene is indistinguishable.
I haven’t had any 2 way communication as I’m supposed to only able to hear what’s in front of the camera no transmission TO the cameras at all. Was told a year ago this was a glitch and they are working on it....A year ago....So far nothing...
Now on live feeds I get a gray banner a across the entire top of the picture with the word “alarm” written on it which completly blots out 1/4 of the feed. Tried to delete but can’t. AGAIN when I called and put on hold for 30 minutes,told it would be escalated to their crack team of experts. Back and forth with them for 2 weeks to finally be told it’s a glitch in the system and they are working on it!.. Sound familiar!?
In essence I have in my experience with this company and it’s “staff” are substandard and completly without any knowledge of the product and are experts at only one thing and that’s blowing smoke up your butt to make excuses for a faulty useless product..