Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remote viewing of cameras??????

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JoePutman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, what gives?!?!?!?  First, I invest over $500 in the standard Arlo system.  Next, I add an Arlo Q camera.  Then, I upgrade the entire system and purchase the Pro cameras and Base Station and add my Arlo Q to the system.  I do all of this THINKING, surely on the more expensive set-up I will be able to FINALLY remote view my cameras from my computer.......NOPE!  I've invested over $1500 in these cameras and I am the ONLY ONE in my family that can access them.  No one else can log-in and view them, I can't view them from my office.....my only access is via my iPhone.  Are you kidding me?

I have updated my Flash version.....I have unblocked all cookies......I have rebooted......I have set-up a separate work account and provided MYSELF access as a "friend" of my own account.  NOTHING CHANGES.  I always get the "connection failed", a "new version of flash is available", blah, blah, blah!   Getting frustrated that something that costs SO MUCH is giving me so little in spite of me buying more of it and recommending it to friends.  According the community feed, I am NOT ALONE!  ANY help or suggestions, shy of throwing the system in the river, will be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The main issue usu is flash... many of the browsers turn it off by default now.

Try ( you don't say what browser / app or  os) Fire Fox first, then if still ng , Chrome.

Recently a person have similar issue with Safari but then ran FFox and it cleared all his issues up and then he was able to delete FF.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JoePutman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply @TomMac  I am using Google Chrome:

Google Chrome is up to date Version 72.0.3626.96 (Official Build) (64-bit) I am wondering if it is somehow netwrok related????  The reason I ask is this.....one night, while at home, doing some work on my company laptop I accessed Arlo and was able to see everything (*WHILE ON MY HOME NETWORK).  I then take that same PC to work and get "connection failed", "new version of Flash available", etc.  I gave myself access and even set up a shared account with my work email address thinking that would fix it.  Nope!  NOTHING can access my cameras and base station except my iPhone.  No PCs have any luck.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JoePutman

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue?