Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Reduced motion sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
chris180
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone had trouble with reduced motion sensitivity?

The camera looking at my driveway used to detect cars going by all day, but now it doesn't even detect me pulling into the driveway, even when turned up.  Seems to be less sensitive during the day.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As I mentioned in a previous thread...it may be the changing seasons.  ( not knowing where you are )

I find that as the sun angle changes along with temps, there is a bit of sense level change.

Maybe change angle a bit if sun, make sure the sense area is clean ( i get spider webs ) and tweek up the sense level.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
chris180
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been less sensitive even when it's cloudy or at night. 

I have had these cameras for almost a year and i can tell a difference in their behavior.  The sensitivity setting doesn't seem to make a difference.  I have it at 95% right now.  I used to keep it at 65%, and it would still go off at passing cars throughout the day (street is about 25 to 30ft away).

The same camera also has a ticking sound, like a clock in the video's audio.  When it is connected to the solar panel, it is a much fast tick, almost like a buzz (was going to post a separate thread about that).

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would contact Netgear about the " clicking " noise when running the panel

Morse is faster than texting!