Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
CarterNgo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello community, please help me, the online supporter did not do well with his role, he forced me to wait 30 minutes without a reply and only copied from the materials Arlo had provided.

Here is my problem:

I am using 1 Base Station and 2 Arlo Pro Cameras and 1 USB disk (64GB, formatted by Base station/Windows with FAT32 format as Arlo recommend)

- The video was recorded while Base Station have network internet can see normally. Files appears in both the USB memory and on the Coud

- But when Base Station lost the internet, movements were still recorded, however, the files were corrupted and could not be viewed (all of them have 3KB file size and 0 second duration, on both 2 Camera)

According to Arlo's documentation, when the Base Station does not have internet, the cameras will still record movements and send them to USB memory for watch it later, but in my case these files are broken.

Example 2.JPG

Example.JPG

12 REPLIES 12
steve_t
Master Master
Master

That's disappointing. I haven't tested it lately but mine has worked previously to record while the internet was down. Have you tested it again after a base station power cycle?

CarterNgo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for late reply (i'm living at GMT+7) . Yes, I already try many times: turn on/off Base station, remove and replace battery for camera, remove and resync camera to Base station. The distance from cameras to Base station is 3 foot and 10 foot, the signal for camera at "3" level. When lost internet connection and have internet again, these next record can view normally, only record happenned while no internet  is corrupt 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

CarterNgo,

There might possibly be an issue with the USB Drive, do you have another USB drive with the same required specifications that you can test with?

CarterNgo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I tested with new USB Disk these day but the result is the same

Devisom
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, 

I have had similar kind of situation. At my local USB recordings there is fully function videos recorded before and after this series of 1-2kb hidden files which I´m not able to open. Is it possbile to have more informantion on somehow what is content of these files ? Are these for example motion detection or some general system infromation ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Devisom,

Have you been able to view any of the recordings from your USB Drive?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

CarterNgo,

I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

CarterNgo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Devisom: wew, look like Devisom have a problem same with me, sad to hear that.

ShayneS: yes, thank you, my problem  still exsits from the time i post this problem on forum. Waiting to hear news from your  CS team

WatchDoge
Tutor
Tutor

I have this exact same issue in October of 2018. If this is by design, this is unacceptable! Completely unacceptable!

Devisom
Initiate
Initiate

Hello ShaybeS

Really sorry for my late reply. Yes, my USB recording works generally well as far as I know. Content and purpose of these hidden 1-4kb recordings interests me. This kind of recordings have happened 2 times lately end of last month. There is series of few kb files whin in few minutes which I´m not able to open. Are these movement detection, corrupted videos or something else ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support? I have attached the link below for you

Arlo Tech Support

CarterNgo
Aspirant
Aspirant

message #11 of Devisom: In my case, these files is records while motion detected