Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CheChe
Follower
Follower
So i understand how to change the brightness settings on the arlo pro BEFORE having anything recorded. However, since the camera does not have (at least to my knowledge) an auto brightness, i forgot to change the settings in the morning before work. I was able to catch someone walking and staring around my house, but the recording is so bright i cannot see a clear face. Is there anyway that the recorded footage can be change the bringhtness?? I mean the day i forget to change the setting is when i am catching what i invested for. There has to be a way, please help.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your choice is to turn the brightness down. It's maybe possible that you could use 3rd party software to adjust the video exposure and contrast but if there's nothing there, it won't help.

Why did you turn the brightness up in the first place?

Apprentice
Apprentice

Many of us need to up the brightness to 100% to get adequate night vision. Then when sunrise rolls around need to lower it or the video for the day will be washed out. I wish Netgear would incorporate some kind of automatic adjustment based on time of day. This is a serious flaw IMO.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While maybe not satisfying, external lighting would be a better solution for what we have now.  The IR illuminators simply won't light much area beyond 15 feet or so from the camera.  If you don't have street lights or house lights that already provide some light, consider a motion detection light.  

Post a screenshot so we can see what you're seeing.  A day and nighttime shot would help.

JTRAN80
Guide
Guide

yes ! this so annoying. There should be an auto brightness option or atleast an option when night vision is active it records at a certain brightness setting.