Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
survivorjane
Follower
Follower

I understand that this feature is not currently working and removed from the system, however, this was a feature I really wanted.  How long do you expect it to be until the feature is restored?  Doesn't have to be a specific date, just wanting to know if we are going to be waiting a month, or 6 month or a year or if there are no current plans to ever bring it back.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature was temporarily removed due to not being ready for release. I do not have any information on when it will be available at this time. Keep posted for this feature to be available in a future release.

JamesC

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your guess is as good as mine... Meaning, that I think it will come back as it was a heavily reqested item... so they actually added it to the SW in the first place..

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Dougcjohn
Guide
Guide
That one feature would make this system a 10... adding Q to storage would be great too! Using 2 minutes captures the bulk of door motion, but if not long enough the 1 minute dead spot before it turns back on for next 2 min clip can be frustrating. Also, no need for 2 min if quick drop & leave. The record til motion stops or 1-5 seconds between record clips using shorter clip times would work. The big gap is the problem.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that the motion has to remain detectable to be useful.  The exact nature of the motion is critiacl for this feature to work well.

sharkcom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I sure hope they add this feature back in the near future.    I would rather burn my battery than miss the entire motion event.

Does Arlo/Netgear have a suggestion box or feature request link?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On the desktop version of these pages, look to the left for Quick Links. Use the Idea Exchange link.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature was temporarily removed due to not being ready for release. I do not have any information on when it will be available at this time. Keep posted for this feature to be available in a future release.

JamesC

sharkcom
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, thank you both very much for the info!  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Alex64
Aspirant
Aspirant
So is it likely to get an upgrade. Many comments posted. Is the issue more to do with data storage than the actual tech change?
Gottria
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just found this discussion after returning my Blink for the Arlo Pro. Blink had this and really suprised the Arlo Pro doesn't. Hope it makes it back. 

1unhappycustome
Guide
Guide

This was a primary factor in my decision to buy the Arlo system and the feature has been removed. Now I am stuck with a system that does not perform as advertised. Are there others in the same situation? I have escalated my case to several departments. Not very customer friendly. Let’s get this resolved

mbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice
A classic case of overpromising and under-delivery. My biggest issue right now is that the cameras will not continue to record if there is still motion. Someone broke into both of our cars several weeks ago and much of it was not recorded because of the long 30+ second reset period. Why is it so difficult for Netgear to resolve this issue?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1unhappycustome wrote:

This was a primary factor in my decision to buy the Arlo system and the feature has been removed. Now I am stuck with a system that does not perform as advertised.

And just where is it stated that the Pro camera records until motion stops?  How is that "advertised"?

Gottria
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like it has been added back. Not sure when but I just bought a new 3 camera system, upon setup it asked for firmware updates for both base and camera and now under editing of rules there is an option to record until motion stops upto 300 sec.

Or maybe not, just googled it and seems like it's still under developtment. Back to my Yi cameras. Man Sad

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I've been using this feature since it was added a few weeks ago in a firmware update. It works fine as long as you understand that if motion stops or is undetectable for >5 seconds, the recording stops. A new recording will start when motion can be detected again.
guice
Guide
Guide

Has there been any firmeware update to this? We're using this feature, and we're constantly getting 8-10 second chunks. I look at the video, and fiancé is clearly continiously moving. 

I turned down the sensitivity to 30, but no luck.

Current Firmware: 1.092.04_13099

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Improvements were made to this feature in the most recent firmware release. Be sure your system is up to date with the latest firmware:

Release Notes – Arlo Pro Base Station FW 1.8.10.1_13433 21st July 2017

Release Notes – Arlo Wire-free Base Station FW 1.8.9.1_13442 21st July 2017

JamesC

guice
Guide
Guide

So ... how does Netgear keep us updated? I always try to keep up to date at all times. But I was never notified of any updates. When I visit the camera settings (albeit-remote), it says I'm up to date.

Right now, at work (remote), I click on 'Firmeware' and it says 'No Updates Available'. Clearly, per your post, I'm very far behind ... I've never been notified of any updates.

There needs to be a way to see Firmeware updates remotely. Even if it's a notification (on iOS) that says "Please update while on the same wifi."

I check weekly, almost daily, for iOS updates. The iOS app isn't notifiying me up any firmware updates for my Arlo devices.

guice
Guide
Guide

Update: So, apparently, I was looking at the wrong firmware? Because my Base Station is at 1.8.10.1_13433 and says 'No updates avaliable'

That firmware version I gave you (1.092.0.4_13099) was on the camera itself, and it's also still saying 'No updates avaliable'. I'm now at home, on the same wifi network.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have the latest firmware for both the base and camera.  They were apparently updated automatically, as were mine, which is normal operation.

There is very limited capability to manually update firmware.  When an update is shown as available, many time clicking on the selection will update.  Sometimes it doesn't.  Restarting the base sometimes helps, sometimes not.  Worst case, a factory reset is needed but that seems to be only for new systems to get them working right.  Otherwise, wait overnight.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Nothing fixed here........have new firmware update, still not working properly. Camera stops recording while person in full motion, I'd say it was working better before when some recordings would go for 20-26 secs.

Thanks.

sharkcom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep - same here with all 5 of my cameras.   Latest firmware has not improved this.   I am only getting 8-15sec of recording despite full motion for over a minute.

miesemer
Tutor
Tutor
I'm also only getting 8 second clips while motion continues.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC:

Any feedback?

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are still experiencing an issue after receiving the most recent firmware updates. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team for further assistance. You will find several options for contacting support in the following link: Arlo Support Team

JamesC