Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
RWEED
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is this working for anyone? Mine seems to stop around 16 seconds most the time, some 18, some 20 but never the entire length of the action.

I have rebooted the base to no avail.

9 REPLIES 9
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

Same here. 16 seconds.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
it work some time 16 min to 45 sec
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
i cantbring down to 10sec
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I've tested and have found the following:

Once you set for the pricing while motion is detected, it's worthwhile restarting the base. It's not absolutely clear to me that this is necessary but it did seem to help.

16 seconds seems to be the minimum recording time.

There's an approximate 5 seconds of recording after motion stops.

Recording starts 1 to 2 seconds after the previous recording stops.

Don't forget that motion has to be detectable for recording to continue. I tested 5, 10 and 15 second intervals of no motion and only the 5 second one kept going. The others stopped and then started a new recording.

Again, restarting the base after setting up this new setting seems to help.
OrionA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem as others on this post subject.  Predominantley 16 second recordings with a rare recording up to 41  seconds.  I have restarted the base without any change in performance.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Read my post just above yours. The failure to understand that motion has to be detectable by the camera within about 5 seconds is key. It's not what you can see, it's what the camera can sense.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering for further investigation. If you have a case open already with support, please provide me with the case number and I will add your case to the escalation for review.

JamesC

JoeTampa
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem across 4 cameras.   Even in the presence of constant motion, my videos are almost exclusively 16 seconds long. 

lwhitty
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. Recordings are typically 16 seconds, occassionally running up to 21 seconds despite constant motion.