Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Caerdydd1927
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recently none of cameras were showing in app. Middle light on base station was showing as solid amber. Done a reset on base station. Turned off and on power. Confirmed no issues with internet connection. Lights on base station still showing as solid amber on middle and right lights. Unable to find devices (base station) in the app. System is approximately 3 years old.
9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Caerdydd1927 wrote:
Recently none of cameras were showing in app. Middle light on base station was showing as solid amber. Done a reset on base station. Turned off and on power. 

Have you tried a different ethernet cable (or a different router port)?

If you have a laptop with an ethernet port, try connecting it to the same cable+router path, and see if you can access the internet with the laptop wifi off.

Caerdydd1927
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for suggestion. Yes, have tried different ports and tested cable with laptop, works ok
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Caerdydd1927 wrote:
Thanks for suggestion. Yes, have tried different ports and tested cable with laptop, works ok

When you connect it to the router, are you seeing it in the router's attached device list?

Caerdydd1927
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t think I am seeing it. My wifi is through BT. When I connect to the BT app and list of connected devices the MAC address for Arlo base station is not showing.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Maybe try power off base station and router modem then power up modem router, wait until internet works then power up the base station to see if it’s resolved.
Caerdydd1927
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Done all that and the base station did work…..for a short time. I was able to add base station with firmware update to Arlo app and re-add cameras. They worked for about an hour but all cameras are now showing offline. Dreaded orange light on base station has returned.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be an issue with either the base or the router or even the ISP. If possible, take the base and a camera to another location (friend's house?) and plug it in to see what happens. You may be able to get the ISP to swap routers for you if owned by them.

Caerdydd1927
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for advice. Haven’t been able to do any of that as travelled. I’ve been keeping an eye on the app, base station/cameras have been showing as offline for last 48hours. Oddly though, this morning the base station/cameras are back on and working. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I would have to be suspicious of the isp, paid your bill late recently.

Maybe ask if anyone close by using same isp have had internet dropouts.