Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jsmith032
Follower
Follower

Im having the same issue as OP, the notifications arent instant and by the time I get a notification on my app on my phone and open it the actual footage is gone. 

I do have a 500GB HDD plugged into the base station, is there a way to record to that first and get the notifications instantly and worry about the "cloud" piece later? 

44 REPLIES 44
Rob198690
Star
Star
Same problem here with my Arlo pro 2. Notifications come through up to 90 seconds after motion is detected and by the time I get the notification whatever has triggered it has long gone. Useless system.
ItsLunchBOX
Guide
Guide

It takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes for me to get push notifications from my cameras on my phone.  I have an Arlo Pro, 3 camera system I just got from Costco and a Google Pixel 3 XL phone on AT&T service.  Doesn't matter it its on LTE or wi-fi. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jsmith032

@ItsLunchBOX

What Device/Model/OS are you using when you experience this issue. Do you have the latest Arlo Mobile App Installed?

ItsLunchBOX
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS

Dude, my phone model as in my post.  A very quick goole search would have told you OS and version.  It's a Pixel 3XL which is an Android phone made by Google which runs the latest version of Android (9, Pie).  Yes, I have the latest version of the Arlo app available in the play store, it is set to auto update.  

App Version 2.6.4_23200

Released 11/26/18

If you want to get really specific on the OS version on my phone it's build PQ1A.181105.017.A1

pjhallett
Tutor
Tutor
My camera notifications from each camera are coming in 1 min later. This is crazy. It was great until the latest update with smart notifications. It was instant. I’ve now wiped out each camera and reset the base station and set it all up again as new with no luck. Internet speed is lightning fast but Arlo is not working well. Also I’m finding the new APP for Apple devices has issues also. The first screen doesn’t update its self with new images. Some are several hours old. I’ve just ordered a Doorbell now I’m concerned. Come on Arlo your better than this. FIX THE ISSUES ASAP.
ItsLunchBOX
Guide
Guide

See this thread also:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Re-Very-slow-notifications/td-p/1654896

I have a feeling there are also more threads about this...

derekjmiller12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here for the past couple weeks my basic membership for my arlo pros has been horrible. First off the live feature is pointless now because it is so far behind with lag that you can’t even watch it. Second the notifications are way slow if they come at all. Third, sometimes the video will only record for like 3 seconds when I have the settings set to 30.

Pretty annoyed with all of this. I don’t know how this is security when nothing worth’s correctly.

Any help?
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Base firmware?

Camera firmware?

iOS or Android?

Arlo Smart?

derekjmiller12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base - 1.12.0.0_27099
Cameras - 1.092.0.19_26228
IOS
No Alro Smart
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I have read in this forum people on iOS having the same issues as you. The new app has some bugs (more so for iOS it seems). Your firmware is current, so unfortuneatly I think you just have to wait for the app to be fixed. Makes sure you have the latest version for iOS as they have been slowly fixing issues.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Rob198690

What device/model/OS are you using?

Jchiodo
Tutor
Tutor
I do have 7 cameras so I have to pay monthly. All the more upsetting that the delay is this bad. I agree someone can come down my driveway (over 100’). And get to the front door before my notification for the driveway goes off. I do like the smart notifications but it shouldn’t take that long. Anything else to fix this issue?
Krishnakanth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi
My Arlo notifications are delayed since upgrading to smart notifications. I tried to deselect the cameras from smart but it still seems to continue.
Internet connection is good and fast.
I can hear the click immediately after motion detection so thats not a problem.
Does anyone else have similar issues any solutions?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yep. There are a few threads reporting this already. If you have a moment, go to the bottom of this page and click "Contact Support" and open a ticket. Hopefully the more people who report the issue, the faster the techs will work to resolve it

ItsLunchBOX
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS - It took 20 minutes today for me to get alerts on my phone that someone was in my driveway.  What is Arlo doing to address these issues?  I just dropped a whole bunch of money on these and at this point they are a waste of money. 

Jbtopps
Tutor
Tutor
Same here. I’m even getting videos the bext day a day late. I can adjust my 3 camera any direction within mm apart. No matter where I position them they won’t pick up what’s most important. Ive had a guy walk up & see the camera & still have enough time to turn around before it gets his face. You can walk right to my front door & it will get the top of your head but I’ve already opened the storm door & have the key in the main door before it records. Heck they’d already be in the house before these cameras record. I’ve had mine 3 years & all the do is eat up batteries. I been wanting to add 2 more but don’t see any reason for it if this is as good as it gets. I’ve been wanting a long time for better things. I even sent several videos in so they can see how terrible the cameras are at picking up people. A bug will set it off so will sunny days & a shadow from my tree or tree branch moving. It even picks up the car lights off the reflection in my truck not the actual car because it’s not on the road. Picke a wasp flying up but can’t get me my wife or anyone until they’re past the cameras. Ridiculous.
wackyshadow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this issue? I moved all my cameras out of the smart zone but that doesnt seem to help anymore. It still takes like 2 minutes to get the notification. Makes the cameras super useless.

Sands2899
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my Alero Q I cannot access The two way audio does not work on my iPhone 7+ but it works on my iPhone X.. Also the live view is delayed and all of my alerts are delayed are you going to do an upgrade for that

Jmerc85
Tutor
Tutor
I am getting alerts of motion detected sent to my phone about 5-10 minutes after the motion has been detected by my cameras. Is there any way this can be fixed?? I thought I was to be alerted once motion is detected...isn't that the point of having security cameras??
Jmerc85
Tutor
Tutor
More info if needed..I have an android phone, samsung galaxy s8 active and have just the arlo wirefree cameras not the pro or pro2
cmenard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been having the same problem for a couple of months now ever since I switched to the arlo smart premier plan. Have (3) Arlo pro's and (1) Arlo Pro2. Notifications extremely delayed. 5 to 10 minutes is NOT an exageration.

ItsLunchBOX
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS - You keep popping in here and asking people what phone and app version you are using but there is no update or confirmation there is a problem you guys are working on.  Between this issue and the fact that google home integration is completely broken on these cameras they are worthless.  Do I need to box these up and take them back to Costco or is Arlo going to start addressing some of these issues?

Rob198690
Star
Star
Arlo when are you going to start acknowledging that this a serious issue affecting many people who are paying extra for a so called premium service? I can see this ending in a lawsuit if they don’t start doing something about it.
csh12003
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just noticed after adding my wife's Iphone to the account, that my now pixel2 gets notifications like 5 min after her phone does. What gives Arlo??