Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dgfspring
Follower
Follower

I am having the same problem, but with all three of my cameras.  Have resynced, and motion detection is not working.  I am getting sorry that I purchased this product as I have spent an entire day troubleshooting.  It worked fine a first but now doesn't.  I will be returning this and not ever buying an Arlo product again if I can't get the motion detection working.

4 REPLIES 4
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Can you provide a little more detail. What does "not working" mean. It doesn't detect any motion at all? Motion detection is degraded? What happens on a motion detection test, does the led light up?

What base and camera firmware do you have?

Are using the armed mode or a custom mode? Are your rules setup to record on motion detection? What do you have the motion sentivity set at in your rules?

reroute
Aspirant
Aspirant

So far today, I set up 3 of the 6 cameras. Package VMS4630P. I updated the firmware for base station and cameras immediately out of the package. I use both my Mac and IPhone XS for operations, settings viewings. IPhone freezes as other post annotate. But, when performing motion detection test, the orange light does come on for all of them. Camera1 view is out of front window but when walking, running and jumping past the window at 12 - 20 ft distance there is no activity picked up or alerts sent. Camera2 view out of back window. Wind blowing heavy and tree swaying aproximately 10 feet away. No motion detected. Camera 3 Garage view. Motion detected upon opening Garage door from outside and entering. All cameras detect motion when I physically pick them up and rotate them towards me and email notification receive only then. Playing with the sensitvity selector had no impact. All at 90%.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Oh, here's your problem.......... on the Arlo Pro and Pro 2, motion detection does not work thru a window. Only the Arlo Q works thru glass (windows). Mount the cameras outside and you'll be good to go.

reroute
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, I was hoping that was the case.