Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TheFivePack
Tutor
Tutor

I just got my Arlo Pro and 3 cameras a few days ago. I've had 2 of 3 setup for days without issue but after installing my 3rd today, it goes off every couple minutes once it started raining. I've changed sensitivity as low as it can go and it still triggers. Basically as soon as the event recording ends (120 seconds) it starts a new one. I had to turn that alert off after a few hours because it was blowing up our phones with notifications. I would understand if it was raining extremely hard but this is crazy. And neither of the other 2 cameras have triggered at all, even with higher sensitivity settings and all 3 are outside and exposed. A friend had to return one of his cameras the motion detection was defective and I'm thinking I have that issue as well. Anyone had this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheFivePack
Tutor
Tutor
You nailed it, rained again and it's the slow drip from the overhang of our deck. The drips are probably 2-3 inches in front of camera. I'm guessing I need to find someway to shelter it from the drips. I'm just not sure how. I can't move the camera as the post it's on is the only spot to get that backside of my house.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your the first I've heard of normal weather setting off the camera...  Mine sat in even heavy rain and the only problem was occasionally rain drops on lens

You can pull the battery pack and reset the camera and see if that helps,... Or as you said, it may be a defect causing it to be over sensitive

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I agree, sort of strange the rain would do it. The only weather related issue I've had is the wind blowing the xmas light's near the camera and setting it off. By chance is your camera in direct aim of the rain or is it shelted under an eve or something?

TheFivePack
Tutor
Tutor
You nailed it, rained again and it's the slow drip from the overhang of our deck. The drips are probably 2-3 inches in front of camera. I'm guessing I need to find someway to shelter it from the drips. I'm just not sure how. I can't move the camera as the post it's on is the only spot to get that backside of my house.
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Funny how sensitive it can be at times. I've had spiders on the lens and hummingbirds fly by that have set it off.

TheFivePack
Tutor
Tutor

Curious, does anyone have a simple solution for this? I feel like I'll have to Macgyver something and it may or may not look good under the overhang of my light wood deck. It rained last night and again I had to turn off my motion detection because it was recording non-stop.

iriesoul
Tutor
Tutor
I have the black silicone covers for my pro cameras. One of my cameras it out side mounted on a tree. It has been raining here off and on in cali and have had no problems with the camera being triggered by the rain. Hope that will help.
TheFivePack
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks. It has to be the camera. Turned off motion and tried audio, goes off repeatedly with no noise. Moved camera so nowhere near a drip and rain still sets it off. Have another camera on backside of same post and it doesn't trigger at all with same settings. Hopefully the replacement from Amazon will be better.
iriesoul
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah might be a bad camera since you have no problems with the other ones. Hopefully your replacement will be better.