Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
retiredat44
Tutor
Tutor

5-08-20 I requested RMA for dead battery (purchased brand new system with base station and cameras a few short months ago through Newegg), Arlo, Netgear, they demanded my physical home address after the original support chat for dead battery 05-08-20, chat I gave them my US post office box, then they decided it wasn't good enough for Arlo. 5-12-20- address given. I have no US mail box at my  physical address. I pay US postal service for US Post Office Box. Fedex and UPS may drop off package on my porch at physical address. Arlo demanded a physical address. so I had to give them my physical address, (no us postal box here) ANother week wasted while they demanded my home address. They told me my Arlo pro battery would be RMA with new battery " Case ID: 41651911 " they told me 3 to 5 days. it is now 05-20-20, no battery delivered yet. I keep looking for a place in the forums, phones, chats, and just going in loops. Please, where is the RMA replacement battery? Thanx.

Steven Palmer

Scio, oregon

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

They need a physical address even if you just have a postal box. Same you would give to 911 so they can get to you. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @retiredat44

I have escalated this issue for you. Your new escalations case number is 41683343. Someone from the escalations team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

retiredat44
Tutor
Tutor

They sent it to me... Fedex and UPS are fine to my physical address... at first they wouldn't tell me the method of shipping.. US mail can only go to my PO Box. Most places would not spend $10.00 shipping charge by Fedex/UPS or more for a $2.00 item to ship Fedex. I wouldn't.  US mail charges  $3.00. It did take one month to get it. But, I have it. Often places refuse to ship to PO Box so I will not buy from them. US postal service in some areas have a contract to accept packages from Fedex and ups. Then it is held by the US post office for our services we pay for.  There are many of us that have PO Boxes and no us mail box at our physical address. Businesses need to communicate how they ship so we can let them know how we will get our orders.  If they refuse to communicate the info, then we as customers just have to do business with  products that ship to our address. I am not a mind reader, I don't know how something is sent unless they tell me.  I can make decisions on mail and products on how it reaches me, and the security of my mail and packages. My Battery is charging now. Thank you.