Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station not obtaining IP address

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vyperphi696
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my Arlo system for about six months no problem. Then it stopped connecting to the internet. Arlo support sent a new base station and set up normally and still didn't connect. 

Arlo support suggested I speak with ISP (AT&T) to open specific ports. This was new to me since I didn't need to do this on the initial setup. When I spoke to ATT, they couldn't find the IP address of base station, so they couldn't help open a port. I could see MAC address, but no IP address (see attached).

After some manipulation to network setting in my router, I turned off ipv6 and it worked initially but I had to unplug the router to move it. Now Arlo won't connect no matter what ipv6 settings are.

I don't know how to get my router to assign an IP address to Arlo. I've reset, rebooted, restarted ALL devices and nothing changes. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vyperphi696
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.

I figured it out. Seems I needed to reset my router to factor settings. Not sure what AT&T did to cause so much trouble, but I'm just glad it works. 

Thanks for your response!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vyperphi696 wrote:

I don't know how to get my router to assign an IP address to Arlo.

What is the ethernet LED status on the router LAN port?

vyperphi696
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.

I figured it out. Seems I needed to reset my router to factor settings. Not sure what AT&T did to cause so much trouble, but I'm just glad it works. 

Thanks for your response!