Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

REGISTRATION PROBLEMS

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
monoambiente
Guide
Guide

I bougth the base station and a camera Arlo Pro. When I tried to register en netgear account I could with the camera but no with the base station. It appears to be registered by someone else or a representative. When I contact with the Netgear Support they can´t help me. And Amazon answered me that I have to contact with Netgear.... so ?

Someone has the same situation ? What can I do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

monoambiente,

When you create your Arlo account. The device is automatically registered (under the email you used for account creation) on the support site. This is why you're seeing the message stating it has already been registered.

If you would like, I can check to make sure the device is registered correctly by you if you provide me (please use private message) with the email address you used to set up your Arlo account.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did you buy this as a new kit, in pieces or used? The possible solutions depend on your answer.
monoambiente
Guide
Guide

A new kit, the base and only one camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can try resetting the base by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and start fresh. If you get the same error you'll have to open a case with support. They'll like need you to email them an image of your receipt.
monoambiente
Guide
Guide
Thanks for your answer. But the problem is in the registration in the website for the warranty only or not?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't believe that the online registration has anything to do with warranty coverage.  The receipt should be sufficient.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

monoambiente,

When you create your Arlo account. The device is automatically registered (under the email you used for account creation) on the support site. This is why you're seeing the message stating it has already been registered.

If you would like, I can check to make sure the device is registered correctly by you if you provide me (please use private message) with the email address you used to set up your Arlo account.

JamesC