Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Question about Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bolderview
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am considering purchasing the Arlo Pro 6 camera system.  I've been told that you can livestream up to 1/2 hour.  

My first question is, if the camera is plugged in to power can you livestream continuously?  

Second question, do the systems come with a power cord for each camera?

I plan to use the cameras for a variety of purposes, so need both options (regular motion detection security and livestream for monitoring kids/animals).

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) No, using AC power still lmits live viewing to 30 minutes.

2) No, only one power supply/cable per overall kit, for recharging.  While it's not supported, a quality charger that supports Qualcomm QuickCharge will work fine as will a quality (i.e. larger wire gauge) cable. 

Bolderview
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, sorry to sound ignorant, but can you break the 30 minutes down for me?  Let's say I livestream 30 minutes straight on a single camera, when can I livestream again?

Let's say I look at it here and there, is there a 30-minute reset point?

Call me blonde 🙂

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

not blonde, just a good question....

Most of the Alro cameras will only stream for about 30 mins continuously... this was designed in as most run on batteries and if forgotten can drain a battery in a day or so.

The Pro and Pro 2 now also can use AC.... but the limit is in the SW.

You can restart the camera right after the 30 min shut down .... it will go for another 30 mins.

The only way around this is the Q camera and Arlo Baby cameras...( indoor rating only ) In the past the Q camera will stream longer than 30 mins... I've done my for an hour but now and then. Some users claim it still shuts down.( as per other users tho I haven't seen it )

Obv the Baby cam can stream all the time

One side note.... the there is the CVR option ( additional costs ) for the powered Arlo cams... it will record 24/7 so you can look back if needed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bolderview
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!

mfriesen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I leave my Arlo Pro camera continuously pulled into the power adaptor cable. Will it only start charging then when the battery reached 15% power?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. No.

Yes, you can leave the camera plugged in. If using the Arlo charger, this will keep the battery charged and ready in the event of power outage although to be useful you also need a UPS on your modem, router and base so they remain powered, too. The battery when charged in the camera will indicate 100% but is actually at the safe level of 80% which is a sweet spot for Li-ion batteries for long-term use and won't damage the camera or battery