Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Query about Arlo pro charging

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jc2305
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo pro is connected to the power via the cable/usb charger. The web version shows the camera as being charged (currently at 100%) while the iOS app dosent show it being charged and shows battery at 100%. Which is an accurate representation of the acuat state? i.e Is iOS app displaying accurate? i.e 100% charged and the batter is no longer being charged or will it still continue to charge even though its reached 100%?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The IOS version does not show 100% battery icon with the "lighting bolt" ( when on ac) like the web version...

Doesn't mean the battery isn't fully charged.

Just a failure ( Netgear is aware ) to make icons the same across platforms.... It is to be fixed but is a low level priority.

Either way it's the same !

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@jc2305

The web version should be the most accurate. I don't know how often the app polls the camera to determine the correct values. I think that if you go into the app and turn on the camera for a little while the app will poll the camera and update its settings.

Let me know if my statement is incorrect.

Brian

jc2305
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. No change in the iOS app even after app polls the camera.

The major question I had iin mind was, does the charging stop once it reaches 100%. i.e will it prevent overcharging and damage to battery in the long run?

brh
Master
Master

@jc2305

Yes, it will stop charging at 100%

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The IOS version does not show 100% battery icon with the "lighting bolt" ( when on ac) like the web version...

Doesn't mean the battery isn't fully charged.

Just a failure ( Netgear is aware ) to make icons the same across platforms.... It is to be fixed but is a low level priority.

Either way it's the same !

Morse is faster than texting!