Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Goes Offline Intermittently

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
tltoulouse
Follower
Follower

Our Arlo Base Station continue to go offline intermittently even though its plugged into the router via ethernet and that cable modem conitnues to work.  The model number (hardware version) is VMB4000r3, the the firmware is version 1.9.0.0_14639.  The base station stays connected for about 24-48 hrs and loses the network connectivity (amber light in the middle).  Cycling the power of the base station restores the system and teh connectivity.  Any thoughts on a permanent fix vs cycling power every 24-48 hours?  Thanks All -

15 REPLIES 15
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I would try and power cycle the router with the base attached.

Palvarez
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with my Arlo Pro base unit. Tried recycling power with base unit attached did not help either. After several hours the internet connectivity drops and middle light turns solid amber . Otherwise modem works fine and all other internet devices in Home are working fine. This started in past month after normal operation. Firmware is up to date.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If power cycling the base and router doesn't help, open a case with support.

Palvarez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did and got a case number but no reply from them yet. 

dagrossman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting same issue.  I power cycle my router and the same problem as people have mentioned above.  This is an issue because I needed to capture video of some issues I have and was not able to because unit was offline. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried to fix this?Have you checked firmware versions? Have you tried a factory reset?

Daisy22
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here, base drops offline every other day or so. Power cycling the base station works to get it back. Base is hard wired to modem. 

Firmware is current, internet connection is more than adequate, cameras are charged and connected with good signal. 

I have tried to reset modem, no changes. 

Thanks

Daisy

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Daisy22, it's definitely the base that's going offline and not the cameras?

Daisy22
Tutor
Tutor
Here is what typically happens, I’ll get notified that one of my cameras senses motion. Will open the app and attempt to view that camera live. I will be unable to connect to that camera or any of the other ones. The only fix is to reset the base station.
Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it could be a display issue rather than a true offline, what are the LEDs on the base showing?  The Internet LED should remain green if it is reaching the servers. ANything else indicates an issue that could be the base, cable or router.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I was just going to say what jguerdat said. When the issue occurs again, please note what LEDs are on the base and what colors they are

Daisy22
Tutor
Tutor

The one time it happened and I was home the center LED was orange. All the other times I was not at home and reset the base station via the app.  

I will try and check the LED’s before resetting next time and report back. 

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An amber Internet LED means there's a connection between the base and router but not to the servers. It could be any thing between the router and server, including the modem, ISP, World Wide Wait and the servers (the latter being unlikely). Most likely is a problem with the ISP/outdoor cabling.

Daisy22
Tutor
Tutor

I totally understand what you are saying but there is never any issues with my other devices!  I have reset the modem/router several times as well.  

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The last thinng to try before opening a case with support here for a possible faulty base is to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras. If the issue still happens, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and then again on the new page thjat opens.