Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sguch01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why are push notifications delayed?  Often times 15-30 min before I receive notification to my mobile device.  This certainly defeats the purpose of being able to use the microphone and speaker capability when the event has already passed! 

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Power cycle your base station

sguch01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have power cycled the base station and push notifications are still delayed.  Any other suggestions?  I'm thinking its a delay in network relay from base unit to router to mobile device, probably inherent in equipment and not something that can be readily resolved.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Contact Support at the bottom of the page and open a ticket. They'll check out the server side of things for you. Also, make sure your phone isn't shutting down the app with "app optimisation" for android or the equivalent for iPhone 

hardingr2000
Guide
Guide

I am receiving Arlo notifications from several weeks ago when I was out of town. These notifications are occuring when I receive a text message from someone. The text message notification is displayed and is immediately covered up by an Arlo notification. I have already deleted the videos from Arlo and have Arlo turned off (only using it when we are out of town). I have not had Arlo turned on since the weekend I was out of town. Where are these messages coming from and how do I stop them?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What device and OS version? What do you mean by having turned off Arlo? Have you restarted the phone? Have you tried reinstalling the app?

hardingr2000
Guide
Guide
iPhone 5 running iOS 10.3.2
When I have Arlo turned off I mean that I have it in the disabled mode, not detect motion and recording. Assuming you mean reinstalling the app on my iPhone, I have not tried that, but I do have auto-update turned on.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try the reinstall and reboot the phone. Any luck?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Definitely uninstall the app, restart your phone, go to the App Store and reinstall the app