Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sandmann2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware 1.9.8.0_16666

HW Version HMB4000r3

I am extremely frustrated. I spent almost 4 hours yesterday with tech support and then an other 1 hour or more with an elevated tech.

Approximately a 6-8 weeks ago 2 things happened:

1) I had subscribed to Smart Arlo on 2 of my 4 cameras and I continued to be charged for that service on a monthly basis. I stopped receiving that little yellow icon on a clip in the recording when arlo didn't know what it was looking at, and more importantly

2) My push notifications always had a thumbnail in it that I could see at a glance what triggered (on motion).

Now all I get is motion detected on camera X. I then have to go into the app library and then try and figure out what camera sent the notification and video clip.

I have an iPhone 6+ with the latest updates. It's bad enough to get a text in the middle of the night saying that something that motion has been detected on camera X, and fumbling around to go into the app to determine if I should trigger the alarm all the while there could be someone getting in and doing us harm.

So now tech support is telling me the only way I'am going to get that kind of information is by getting an email. I don't know about you, but I don't have my email turned on my phone or pc so that every other person/company that sends me an email through the day or night is going to will bother me.

Prior to this issue with Arlo Smart, I had no issues. I'm tired of being told that this never was the way it works and frankly I've invested so much money in solar panels, batteries etc I just want my money back. I purchased the is system almost 8 months ago.

If I hadn't called to see what was going on I never would have know about the issues with the Smart program and they would have continued to charge my credit card. Oh and on that note, neither I nor the tech could remove my credit card information from the system. They only option was to un-check the Auto-Renew option.

I cannot be the only person that is having this issue, so please if you can help me figure this out, I would be so,so appreciative.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sandmann2,

Id like to take a closer look at your support case on this issue. Please send me a private message with the email address you use for your Arlo account along with your open support case number and I will review/escalate your case as necessary.

JamesC