Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push Notification Delay

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Materhead
Star
Star

This questions relates to a delay in receiving push notifications to my iPhone 6+.  Here is the interesting part, we have four separate devices sitting in our house that are set up to receive push notifications:  my wifes iPhone and iPad and my iPhone and iPad.  When one of the cameras are triggered with a motion alert the three devices other than my iPhone almost instantly light up with the alert.  My iPhone lags 15-20 seconds behind.

Any ideas on a setting that could be causing this?  It happens this way regardles of whether my phone is wirelessley connected to my home network or using its cellular connection.

Stumped.......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

maybe to much running in the background ???  guess...

You could un-install and re-install the app on that phone

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

maybe to much running in the background ???  guess...

You could un-install and re-install the app on that phone

Materhead
Star
Star

Well, I usually like to isolate the variables or change one at a time when diagnosing things.

In my typical compulsive behavior I closed the myriad of apps I had open in the background and uninstalled / reinstalled the Arlo app.

Problem gone.  I am sure that I will again have 50 apps open in the background so we will see if it reappears.  I am guessing the reinstall fixed it.

Thanks for the pointers!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Anytime...glad that it helped !

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Few times push-notifications are coming in late, got a couple today over 30 minutes delayed.

Same camera, an hour later got immediate notification. Just a fluke?

Thanks.

Paul

Jsnider
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having similar issues. My iPad will get the notifications but my phone is ~30 minutes delayed. Then I don't actually get the email with the video link, nor does it show up in the app video que for ~1-3 hours after the event.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC