Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Apprentice

Push Notification Delay After Camera Trigger

Push notifcation take up 1 minute to 17 Minute after camera  trigger . it be better have have the notifcation  push instantly camera triggers, there a serous bug on push notifcation server need to be fixed

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 22
Arlo Moderator

Hi @pcuser12345

Have you tried to remove & reinstall the Arlo Mobile App on your device? Do you have the latest firmware version installed on your phone? 

Message 2 of 22
Apprentice

yes i unstall reinstall the app and factory reset the base station no result it’s same as before

Message 3 of 22
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Message 4 of 22
Apprentice

i all ready contract them here the Case # 40710887 have test the push notifications, all notifications are working fine almost all app except arlo isn’t push notifications it’s delayed about 1 minutes to 17 minutes after it recorded video it should push instantly once it’s triggered

Message 5 of 22
Arlo Moderator

@pcuser12345

Does the delay occur over WIFI or Mobile Data?

Message 6 of 22
Apprentice

it’s both Mobile Data & Wifi

Message 7 of 22
Apprentice

notifications take longer after video recordings push out take up 1 minutes to 20 minutes randomly instantly

Message 8 of 22
Apprentice

push notifications does t work well it push 17 minutes after camera trigger

Message 9 of 22
Arlo Moderator

Re: Pusn Notitfcation Delay after Camera Trigger

What are the speeds from your internet provider? When the 17 minute delay occurs, is your device connected to the wifi? 

Message 10 of 22
Apprentice

260 Mps notifications are very slow arlo i had use the email notifications, push notifications extremely slow
Message 11 of 22
Arlo Moderator

What Device/Model/OS are you experiencing this issue with?

Message 12 of 22
Apprentice

iphone 8 ios 12.1.4, the notifications arlo camera push too slow, after camera trigger it be better push it faster
Message 13 of 22
Arlo Moderator

@pcuser12345

When did this issue first occur? Was it after the 12.1.4 IOS update?

Message 14 of 22
Apprentice

ios notifications are working , except arlo app notifications it pushes too slow
Message 15 of 22
Apprentice

or push notifications server doesn’t push fast enough on netgear arlo
Message 16 of 22
Arlo Moderator

When did this first occur?

Message 17 of 22
Apprentice

1 year ago
Message 18 of 22
Apprentice

any status’s notifications fix

Message 19 of 22
Apprentice

Re: Push Notification Delay After Camera Trigger

i have latest firmware ware, mobile devices, i deleted arlo app reinstalled, still same, push notifications randomly instantly, up to 20 minutes, i have use work around use email instead push notifications are not reliable after camera is triggered, even i don’t have subscription AI notifications cause Root of problems since they added AI Notifications, i have test other camera there push notifications are more reliable, push notification need to be fix we need, camera trigger instantly notification are needed.
Message 20 of 22
Aspirant

I'm on the same page. Cameras without "smart" notify instantly. Cameras with """smart""" take 10+ minutes to notify of anything. That on top of cameras set to people notifications only notifying of any motion. And columns and nearby animals being recognized as people.

My cameras are on 1Gbps fiber, delays occur on Wifi and LTE, so certainly something on the server processing the smarts. Really frustrating, unfortunately I already spent too much building my arlo system to just walk away now.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 21 of 22
Apprentice

notifications was better it instantly notified before video recorded, AI is totally useless lag useless someone break into home u won’t get notified 20 minutes.. arlo is lag notifications criminal takes advantage they come break into your home less than 20 min until u get notification pushed notifications is still slow & broken
Message 22 of 22