Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

Push notifcation take up 1 minute to 17 Minute after camera  trigger . it be better have have the notifcation  push instantly camera triggers, there a serous bug on push notifcation server need to be fixed

21 REPLIES 21
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @pcuser12345

Have you tried to remove & reinstall the Arlo Mobile App on your device? Do you have the latest firmware version installed on your phone? 

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

yes i unstall reinstall the app and factory reset the base station no result it’s same as before

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

i all ready contract them here the Case # 40710887 have test the push notifications, all notifications are working fine almost all app except arlo isn’t push notifications it’s delayed about 1 minutes to 17 minutes after it recorded video it should push instantly once it’s triggered

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@pcuser12345

Does the delay occur over WIFI or Mobile Data?

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

it’s both Mobile Data & Wifi

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

notifications take longer after video recordings push out take up 1 minutes to 20 minutes randomly instantly

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

push notifications does t work well it push 17 minutes after camera trigger

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What are the speeds from your internet provider? When the 17 minute delay occurs, is your device connected to the wifi? 

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
260 Mps notifications are very slow arlo i had use the email notifications, push notifications extremely slow
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What Device/Model/OS are you experiencing this issue with?

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
iphone 8 ios 12.1.4, the notifications arlo camera push too slow, after camera trigger it be better push it faster
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@pcuser12345

When did this issue first occur? Was it after the 12.1.4 IOS update?

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
ios notifications are working , except arlo app notifications it pushes too slow
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
or push notifications server doesn’t push fast enough on netgear arlo
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When did this first occur?

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
1 year ago
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

any status’s notifications fix

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
i have latest firmware ware, mobile devices, i deleted arlo app reinstalled, still same, push notifications randomly instantly, up to 20 minutes, i have use work around use email instead push notifications are not reliable after camera is triggered, even i don’t have subscription AI notifications cause Root of problems since they added AI Notifications, i have test other camera there push notifications are more reliable, push notification need to be fix we need, camera trigger instantly notification are needed.
PhilB2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm on the same page. Cameras without "smart" notify instantly. Cameras with """smart""" take 10+ minutes to notify of anything. That on top of cameras set to people notifications only notifying of any motion. And columns and nearby animals being recognized as people.

My cameras are on 1Gbps fiber, delays occur on Wifi and LTE, so certainly something on the server processing the smarts. Really frustrating, unfortunately I already spent too much building my arlo system to just walk away now.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
notifications was better it instantly notified before video recorded, AI is totally useless lag useless someone break into home u won’t get notified 20 minutes.. arlo is lag notifications criminal takes advantage they come break into your home less than 20 min until u get notification pushed notifications is still slow & broken