Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Product recommendation

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kve2002
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

First of all sorry if my question is not intended for this list but i do not seem to find any other way of getting in touch with Netgear support 😞

So, my question now, i'm looking for an outdoor camera for which the following requirements are quitte important.  Do you have know if an Arlo product could be used for this ? (and which model please)

* Detect motion between 5 and 17 meters distance (meters, not feet)

* motion detectable should be faces that pop up over a fence 🙂 (yes, i want to guard my backyard for people throwing things in it ...)

* there is a tree in the to be guarded area 

* wirefree camera, possibly using solar panel

* distance between camera location spot and wifi router is about 20 meters, testing with an iphone, there is a good reception, but not sure how good the Arlo base station is compared to the Netgear R7800 router

* poe also an option (so a nice to have in case of not a wirefree model possible)

* recording to local disk (i thinck this is possible if recommended model is including an Arlo base station)

Any help would be very much appreciated 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

* Detect motion between 5 and 17 meters distance (meters, not feet)

The Pro2 cameras max out at 25ft for people

* motion detectable should be faces that pop up over a fence 🙂 (yes, i want to guard my backyard for people throwing things in it ...)

The Pro2 will not prob detect just a face that "pops" up.. trigger need a sec or two of motion ( better accross FOV ) to trigger

* there is a tree in the to be guarded area 

Cameras don't see thru trees 🙂 ....  if anything is blocking a good view , you are out of luck

* wirefree camera, possibly using solar panel

pro 2 has this

* distance between camera location spot and wifi router is about 20 meters, testing with an iphone, there is a good reception, but not sure how good the Arlo base station is compared to the Netgear R7800 router

60 ft should not be an issues with normal stick built homes...

* poe also an option

No POE camera by Arlo is weather proof

* recording to local disk (i thinck this is possible if recommended model is including an Arlo base station)

yes, the backup on an Pro or Pro2 base can record to disk via USB port... but it is a backup and must be removed to view, system is really cloud based

Have you considered a game camera ??  The Pro2 should suit most of your needs , but may not detect kids behind a fence popping up to throw things

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
kve2002
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reaction,

So does this mean that if a person moves in the camera's view at distance of eg 30 ft than this will not trigger a motion ?  I read that its possible that an event triggered by one camera will trigger the recording by another camera, but i'm afraid my wifi signal will not reach that far to include such a second camera.

my comment about the tree was meant to indicate that with some winds there will be quitte some movement in the camera's view from leafs and branches which i hope will not trigger an alert with the PIR sensor ?

Never thought of a game camera 🙂  Do you have a recommendation maybe ?