Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problems With Schedule Mode & Custom Mode

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
WFUK
Tutor
Tutor

I have the Arlo Pro VMS4430 and I’m in the UK.

I am having trouble with custom modes and schedule mode.

I have set up two custom modes to monitor my rear garden.

First called garden camera - set to be triggered by motion and to record video then send push notifications and email. The second called garden no alert - set to be triggered by motion and record but not send notifications.

The idea was to continually monitor my rear garden but only send alerts when no one should be at home.

The issue I am having is that the custom mode has a mind of its own. It sends me alerts when it is scheduled to be in no alert mode. When I activated it today in schedule mode it was showing as disarmed. Disarmed isn’t even part of the schedule.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that your schedules do not fill the time slots 100%...

the schedule will show a DISARMED and a "clock" if the Schedule is armed BUT not in a active time period.

If you haven't, try to set up the schedule on a PC as I find it much easier than in the apps.

( browser to  https://arlo.netgear.com/  )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that your schedules do not fill the time slots 100%...

the schedule will show a DISARMED and a "clock" if the Schedule is armed BUT not in a active time period.

If you haven't, try to set up the schedule on a PC as I find it much easier than in the apps.

( browser to  https://arlo.netgear.com/  )

Morse is faster than texting!
WFUK
Tutor
Tutor

Seems to have done the job!

Cheers.

WFUK
Tutor
Tutor
Thought this problem was sorted, but no!
The schedule hasn’t been changed but it has started to select whatever mode it feels like within the schedule. It’s switching between deactivated (not in the schedule) and recording when it shouldn’t and not when it should.

Feel like banging my head on a wall!

Anyone any ideas?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try recreating the schedule only using a browser. If you need to verify the schedule is working or make modifications, continue to use only the browser.

WFUK
Tutor
Tutor
Recreated the custom modes. Rebuilt the schedule mode. All using browser on laptop.

Alerts when it is set not too. Frustrating isn’t the word. Would be less frustrating to put the thing in the bin!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Before throwing it in the bin, try a factory reset. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware if prompted as you go. Rebuild your modes, rules and schedule. Takes some time but should clear out any weirdnesses.