Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem using Arlo Smart with Arlo Pro camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
dgrebe47
Follower
Follower

Several days ago I set Arlo Smart to only notify me if it detects "people"; yet, I keep getting notifications it has detected "vehicles".  What can I do to ONLY be notified if it detects people?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Smart is powered by modern machine learning algorithms that are always improving. These algorithms are trained to not only detect what caused the motion (Person, for example), but also determine how confident they are in making that identification. If the algorithm is not very confident, Arlo asks you to confirm if it is a person or not. Every time you answer these questions, you are helping to train the Arlo Smart machine learning algorithm to recognize more objects at a higher precision and send you even better alerts.

Take a look here for more information on how you can help improve object recognition with Arlo Smart: How can I help Arlo Smart learn to identify objects?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Smart is powered by modern machine learning algorithms that are always improving. These algorithms are trained to not only detect what caused the motion (Person, for example), but also determine how confident they are in making that identification. If the algorithm is not very confident, Arlo asks you to confirm if it is a person or not. Every time you answer these questions, you are helping to train the Arlo Smart machine learning algorithm to recognize more objects at a higher precision and send you even better alerts.

Take a look here for more information on how you can help improve object recognition with Arlo Smart: How can I help Arlo Smart learn to identify objects?

JamesC