Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Night vision

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Sails
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am considering to purchase the Arlo Pro but have seen posts stating that the night vision is not so good.

I called Netgear back in May and was told that they were going to improve the night vision sometime in June.  Does anyone know if Netgear improved the night vision of the Arlo Pro?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I consider the night visin of the PRO pretty good.... You do have to remember it is a battery power device so is not going to cover much more than 15-20 feet useable lighting ( providing the IR isn't near a wall which can wash out the iris a bit )

With normal outdoor lighting ang the IR illuminators, it's prob as good as it's going to get right now.

Here's a pic in full dark, PRO is 6ft high on fence, the small centered stump is 28 ft away.

PROnight.jpg

These are the best conditions with no other lights and no wall that the IR can effect the lens iris

There is a con with a person or object being to close to the ir illuminators... the ir will wash out the object in white, reflecting back

But, if you have outdoor floods, they can help too.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Sails
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.   Do you have any idea how good the night vision is if you install the camera on a covered porch and aim it at the steps?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The best i have in my Library is the following snip from a video...

Mind that this picture is from an ARLO, not a PRO which has a bit more nightnight.... but in this case is prob doesn't make any diff as front door has a 100w led light and gargage does too ( to left ).

The major trick is to not allow the external light in the picture if able to allow the camera max vision.

Arlo night.JPG

Morse is faster than texting!
AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

night vision is great even at a distance of maybe up to 15 feet, porch will be fine, what you want to avoid is having something directly in the path of the camera up front close, i had to readjust one as the wall was getting too much light and darkening the rest of the scene. you want the camera aimed at the target and not alot of close up obstructions.

Sails
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks.
I plan to aim the camera at the front porch steps so I can record anyone approaching the front door.
Sails
Aspirant
Aspirant