Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem connecting Arlo base station to Pace 5268AC router

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
duncan442
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot get my base station to connect to the internet.  The power light goes amber and then green but the internet light does not light at all (not amber or green).  I have tried all the basic stuff and done it again with Arlo technical support on the line.  I was left being told that I needed to call my router manufacturer to figure out how to open ports 80, 123 and 443 (I tried canyoufindme.com and was not able to find these ports so teh conclusion was that they were blocked).  I have an AT&T UVerse Pace 5268AC router and have attempted to navigate the firewall settings to give the base station the access it needs.  Unfortunately I can't find VMB3000 on the list of applications and can't figure out any other way to "open the ports".  I am sure this must be a problem that other people have experienced as my router is a common type and the Arlo pro has been out there a while now....

Can anyone offer any advice?  I'm not that tech savvy but can usually figure out how to resolve these types of issue via the internet and community support.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have my base connected to the NVG599 which is pretty similar to the 5268. No problems.

AT&T does not block these ports.

Factory reset the base by holding in the reset button for about 10s until all lights flash amber.

Then restart the 5268 and try again.

duncan442
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks - I tried that and it didn’t help unfortunately.
Does anyone have experience with the Pace 5268 and opening ports for the VMD3000.?
Thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have a more basic problem - the Internet LED not lighting at all. No light means no connection to the router. Amber means it's connected to the router but has no access to the servers (that's where the ports come into play). Green means all is working. Lack of the Internet light means one of three things:

The base Ethernet port is bad.

The router Ethenet port is bad.

The cable is bad.

Have you tried a different cable and a different port on the router? If so, it's the base that's bad. Fastest thing is to swap at the store.

duncan442
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Yes I am now reaching this conclusion myself. I already tried a different cable and ethernet port on the router. Im not sure whether this is meaningful or not but I noticed that both router port lights were flashing when the cable was connected - I assume this suggests something about the functionality of the port?
I’ll get it packed up and sent back to Amazon......
Thanks for the responses.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

wrote:
Im not sure whether this is meaningful or not but I noticed that both router port lights were flashing when the cable was connected - I assume this suggests something about the functionality of the port?

It may depend on exactly what the router port LEDs are supposed to indicate but I wouldn't think both would be flashing. Maybe one solid showing the connection speed and another showing activity on the port or just one showing connection speed and activity.