Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro viewing angle

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SteveLX
Follower
Follower
Could someone please tell me what the actual viewing angle is on the Arlo Pro. I had an Arlo Pro 2 on my back porch and moved it to my driveway I took the Arlo Pro that was on my driveway and moved it to the back porch mounted both and the same exact position that they were and my viewing angle is smaller on the Arlo Pro versus the pro2. I thought both of these cameras had 130 degrees
2 REPLIES 2
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

wrote:
Could someone please tell me what the actual viewing angle is on the Arlo Pro. I had an Arlo Pro 2 on my back porch and moved it to my driveway I took the Arlo Pro that was on my driveway and moved it to the back porch mounted both and the same exact position that they were and my viewing angle is smaller on the Arlo Pro versus the pro2. I thought both of these cameras had 130 degrees

Although the specs say FOV (field of view) is 130 degrees for both it may have something to do with the resolution.

That is just a guess.

I know that the FOV changes on my Arlo Q depending on the resolution I choose.

With both at 720, is the FOV the same?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We've been told that the Pro actually is a bit less than 130 degrees while the P2 is a bit more, hence the difference you see. The new sensor in the P2 likely means new optics so an exact match to previous series isn't possible.