Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem Setting Up Geofencing- Cannot Use Schedule as Away Mode -c

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Uhu
Aspirant
Aspirant

My goal is to set up geofencing using "Arm" as away mode and "Schedule" as home mode. My schedule is to arm system at night (10pm-11:59pm and 12:00am-5:00am).  However when I set up geofencing this way, it keeps reverting back to "Disarm" instead of "Schedule" when I am home (green dot is next to "Disarm" on my app at 6:30am).   I tried calling/texting Arlo support multiple times and was told by them that I cannot use "Schedule" as away mode. This runs contrary to what I read in the community forum.  One rep explained to me since geofencing is in beta mode there may be changes that occur and that I need to wait for a future firmware update. How frustrating!  Can someone confirm this?  I invested in Arlo, expecting to use geofencing in its full capacity.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Uhu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hooray! My geofencing is now up!  I called tech support again (third time) and the person identified that the name on my iPhone cannot contain special characters. My phone name had an apostrophe that I removed. Now the green dot stays on geofencing.  I suggested to the tech this really needs to be added to their setup instructions.  Tom - thanks for trying to help,.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Haven't used it lately... but I think it can.

In the Geo zone, you should be able to use the schedule as on of the options for home or away ( IIRR )

is it possible the schedule is inccorrect ??

read these, it may help

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-does-Arlo-Geofencing-work-and-how-do-I-set-...

Your add custom modes to split up the Default ARMED ( all on )cameras into groups , like inside/outside,  front/back, etc

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-for-my-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Fre...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-...

EDIT;

read this thread

https://community.netgear.com/ejquo23388/board/crawl_message?board.id=en-arlo-wire-free&message.id=9...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

read thru these may help...always try the FAQs

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/search-arlo.aspx?&q=geofence%20schedule

Uhu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick reply, Tom. I already read the links you provided multiple times and I am able to select schedule as "away" mode. However when I click "finish" on the app the green dot moves to disarm mode when I am home.  It's baffling.

Uhu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks but I also looked through multiple posts already for an answer. It seems this issue I have is a new problem not yet discussed.

Uhu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Let me pose another question to clarify if I have a problem to begin with: When I check my devices when I am home during day- it says it is on "disarm."  Is this normal when I set up geofencing with home mode set to "schedule?"  Again schedule is set to "arm" only at night. Thanks again.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

when on Schedule... the icon should be a clock and it will say DISARMED ( if not in time set )

see pic

sched.JPG

Uhu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again. However, this is not what my screen shows.  Currently it is daytime and I am home. Again, I set home mode to schedule (which is set to turn on lights overnight). Shouldn't my screen currently display green dot on "schedule"  Currently green dot is on "disarm." Is that ok? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sorry, will have to recheck...will set up on phone again and send you a pic...that was from the web browser and geo not on

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

geo 2.PNG

On ...On android..

Mode selection brings up follows;

the camera name  .....  gps icon

if you select the camera, then it shows Geofencing active in the mode listing

Almost same on IOS Ipad... pic below showing front door , but also shows SCHEDULE if pickedgeo2031.PNG

Uhu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hooray! My geofencing is now up!  I called tech support again (third time) and the person identified that the name on my iPhone cannot contain special characters. My phone name had an apostrophe that I removed. Now the green dot stays on geofencing.  I suggested to the tech this really needs to be added to their setup instructions.  Tom - thanks for trying to help,.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

geo 2.PNG

Glad to hear... the above pic is more to what you orig ask.... Geo icon , Clock shwoing schedule is picked , and disarmed for the current schedule running