Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ajackson08
Tutor
Tutor

Has there been some kind of update or something that has caused the Pros to not detect motion? I'm having to walk almost all the way up to the camera before it catches. Nothing has changed with camera placement or internet connection. My driveway camera used to record each car driving by and now it only records if I walk up the driveway. Its only starting acting up within the last week. I have had the system for over a year with no problems. someone please HELP!!

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your modes and rules? Maybe the sensitivity setting needs changing.

ajackson08
Tutor
Tutor
Yes all settings are still the same. I have not changed any internet connection or anything to the system. I had to turn the sensitivity up to 100 just to get it to catch motion. I have had the arlo for over a year with absolutely no issues until a few days ago. I have hard reset the base, resynced the cameras, checked all the "rules", everything seems to be up to date. I'm guessing it has to be somewhere on arlos side that maybe has to do with an update or something. Whatever it is has really messed with my system.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno what to tell you or what to suggest. My Pros are all catching motion as I would expect and always have.

carath86
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the same issues. Periodically I go back and check the sensitivity settings and almost always they have been adjusted to 80. I have never adjusted them that low, seems like it defaults back to that at some point. Really starting to drive me nuts though, especially it not picking up motion.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, are you editing your modes and rules for this and not trying to somehow save the motion detection test number?

carath86
Tutor
Tutor
I haven’t made any changes, same as the user that posted the initial comment. Nothing has changed on my end but the camera used to pick up every little detail and passing car, not anymore though.
Amie919
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here since Wednesday. Clearing browser cache worked for about a day but now nothing works.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base. If that doesn't help, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx