Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro - cold weather problem?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Coyotejoe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have seen some older posts about cold weather causing arlo pro to stop responding or charging. The results of those questions seemed to be solved by firmware updates...or actually warming it to within operating temperature.
I just started receiving a "camera needs to warm up before you can use it" error on the app. It was 45F when this first occurred. Anybody else having a similar problem or heard of another bug that needs to be addressed?
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a first. Reinsert the camera battery to restart the camera - maybe it's that simple. I'd also reboot the base, just because.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Recently it was 6 degrees fahrenheit where I live with windchill around zero. Outside camera was fine. You have something else going on. Camera should have no issues at 45F.

Coyotejoe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well it seemed to correct itself when I checked again when it was near 60F. Then occurred again when the temp dropped to the 40s.
Offhand I'd say the temp sensor has gone haywire within the camera. I wish there was a better way to test and determine the problem. Thanks for everyone's help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, there's always the refigerator and freezer. I would open acase with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx