Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Pro Video quality is awful. Looks like the results are scrambled.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wcree
Aspirant
Aspirant

Most of the time the live results and recorded video looks like the results are scrambled.  The occurs most of the time on a daily basis.  I have unpluged the base, rebooted the base, everything I can think of.   Please help solve this problem...  Arlo will not allow a photo in this space.

Thank you.

william

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wcree
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problems continue on all 5 cameras.  No matter in the house or outside in the yard.  NO rhyme or reason.  The images might be fine for part of the video then... the images go to hell.  Sometimes the a clear video comes back before the end of the recording.

The videos can be described as appearing scrambled or serious pixalating. 

ALL cameras are Arlo Pro.

.06.23.2024 Arlo Pro distorted image..jpg

An example is seen above.

Thanks all !!

William

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wcree wrote:

Arlo will not allow a photo in this space.

Do you see a camera icon in the toolbar above the text box?  You can insert jpg and png.

@wcree wrote:

Most of the time the live results and recorded video looks like the results are scrambled. 

This means there is corruption/loss of the bitstream.  One possibility is that the camera hardware has failed.  The other is that the camera is too far away from the hub (or that there is something blocking the connection path).

If you have another Pro, try swapping them and see if the problem moves with the camera or stays with the location.

If you don't, then try moving the Pro into the same room as the hub (as a test).  Don't put it right next to the hub - instead put it 6-10 feet away.  Then see if the corruption stops.

wcree
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problems continue on all 5 cameras.  No matter in the house or outside in the yard.  NO rhyme or reason.  The images might be fine for part of the video then... the images go to hell.  Sometimes the a clear video comes back before the end of the recording.

The videos can be described as appearing scrambled or serious pixalating. 

ALL cameras are Arlo Pro.

Thanks all !!

William

wcree
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all of that.

Move all cameras around to other spots, trading placing as if were.

Everything used to be great , then all of a sudden..... 

I even changed the ethernet to a different port in the modem.

Is there a chance the Base station is shot??  

Thanks

wcree
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings...

Yes I finally found the icon for a photo and supplied it today.

Everything is about the same... awful.

I added more info in todays post.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

william

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wcree wrote:

This can be caused either by

• loss somewhere on the network connection
  • a hardware issue in the cameras

Since it is happening on all your cameras, it must be loss.

This could be a failing base station, or possibly a connection issue between the base and the router.

You might want to check the ethernet connection between the router and the base.  Also try moving the ethernet to a different LAN port on the router (if you have more than one).

If that makes no difference, then you could try removing the base and cameras from the account, and then reset the base with paper clip.  Then add the base and cameras back.