Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras no longer detecting motion since mind June

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DHSSREDSTAR
Star
Star

Description: My Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras are no longer detecting motion with the same sensitivity since mid-June. Despite setting the motion sensitivity to 100%, the cameras are not detecting motion as effectively as they used to before this period. From posts on the community site, it appears that an Arlo update on June 17th might have caused this issue.

Troubleshooting Steps Already Taken:

1. Position Testing: I've placed several cameras in the same position, where they should be detecting 20-30 instances of motion per hour (as evidenced by my historical library). However, they are currently only detecting 4-5 instances per hour for the same amount of motion.
  2. Soft Reboot: I’ve performed a soft reboot of the base station via both the application and web browser, with no effect.
  3. Hard Reboot: I’ve unplugged the base station and let it sit for 5 minutes before plugging it back in. This also had no effect.
  4. New Camera Addition: I added a brand new camera to the network, and it behaves the same as the existing cameras, rarely detecting motion.

Concerns: Arlo appears to release updates without thorough testing or regression testing, leading to significant functionality issues. My cameras now only detect the most obvious motion, which is not what I paid for. I have an annual subscription and 8 cameras on my network, and they are almost useless now.

Request: Is Arlo aware of this problem, and is there a hotfix coming soon to address it? I need this issue resolved promptly to restore the functionality of my security system.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DHSSREDSTAR wrote:

Request: Is Arlo aware of this problem, and is there a hotfix coming soon to address it? I need this issue resolved promptly to restore the functionality of my security system.

Arlo is aware of it, and the mods can do a "sync" from the Arlo back-end to resolve it.  I'm tagging them to call their attention to your issue - @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC .

One other thing you can try is removing one camera from your account, and then adding it back.  Several users have said that resolved the problem for them.  However, sometimes it is difficult to get cameras added back.  So you might want to wait for the mods to respond before you try that.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DHSSREDSTAR 

Can you reboot your base and test again?

DHSSREDSTAR
Star
Star

Will do; will report back with the results.

DHSSREDSTAR
Star
Star

Thanks for the update push, seems to have fixed it.  Will monitor and will report back if it changes again.