Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro Camera - Charging Issue

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
GarethM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo Pro and perhaps because of my region did not recieve a Camera AC power adapter (I did receive a base station AC power adapter). My only option to charge therefore seems to be through the USB on the base station but when I do this the camera only gets up to 40%. I have 2 cameras and same issue with both. How do I get it to charge fully?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@GarethM,

Was there not an adapter in the box or was the adapter the wromg type for where you live, (you did not specify where you live)? The Arlo requires 9 volts to fully charge the batteries which the USB port on the base will not supply. You should be able to look on Amazon and find different charging solutions or contact Arlo Customer Support.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, the Pro/Pro2 uses a dual voltage Qualcom type adapter that puts out 5 and 9v via usb...

As mentioned, the 5v will run the camera but the 9v is needed to charge as the battery pack charges up to 8.4v

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
GarethM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all

I am in Hong Kong. I did not get a 9V adapter with my Pro camera eventhough it says on the manual that I should. I went back to the shop and they opened another box and there was no 9V adapter in that either. It seems therefore that no 9V adapter comes with cameras bought in HK. Note that HK uses 3 prong plug not 2 prong. The base station came with an adapter and a 3 prong plug and so I have charged from the base station but only goes to 40%
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's odd that no charger came with the system. I would almost suspect that someone is stripping them from the packages before selling the system. In any event, the camera just needs a Qualcomm-capable charger that supplies both 5v and 9v, such as those from a Samsung phone. Use one of those and you should be all set. Opening a case with support could be useful, too, especially if someone is stripping chargers from packages.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx