Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 Way Audio Is Very Low

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Duncman
Tutor
Tutor

So I tried talking through my phone to my wife at the camera and was told she could barely hear it. It seems all volume choices are at 100%. Is that normal? I want to talk to intruders like the ring doorbell, etc. I want to be able to yell at them and scare them off.

Help

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention what phone/ OS .... but I will guess iOS/apple

Have you tried other phones or tablets to narrow down the issue; system or device used ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Goncava
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue. I am using the latest android version on a S9+.
This will determine if I keep the system or not. Just got them today.
Lorrie4avon
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have the same issue and we have an Android Note 9, Samsung 10 and the latest apple phone. All 3 have super low volume to the point they can't even hear us.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it possible to check the audio quality/volume with a laptop or desktop mic to see if this still occurs?

Duncman
Tutor
Tutor

My bad. We use Samsung 9 phones. 

On that note, one of the responses says a couple of androids and an apple.

Duncman
Tutor
Tutor

I will try, but let's be honest. Having to use a laptop or desktop mike kind of defeats the purpose of having the functionality.

Goncava
Initiate
Initiate
I tried it with the laptop and the audio is still very low. I will return the system today. The video quality is great if the audio does not get fixed you will loose clients. I dont know if this is done intentionally since your door bell is a 2 way communicator and can be paired with the cameras, but I wanted a camera not a doorbell or I would have gotten another popular brand.
Thanks.
Smarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got my Arlo Pro today and the audio is barely noticable.

I have tested Sony Z3 Tablet, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. 

Really dissapointing.