Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
rrcb360
Aspirant
Aspirant
Every time the power goes out st my place the base station goes offline. Then im stuck with out it for 3 days till i get home. Should there not be a way for it to reset its self if this happens?. Do i have to call arlo?
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rrcb360 wrote:
Every time the power goes out st my place the base station goes offline. Then im stuck with out it for 3 days till i get home. Should there not be a way for it to reset its self if this happens?. Do i have to call arlo?

The best answer I can give at this time is when the base goes out, sometimes it does not come back...but it can also be from the sequence of the modem, router,base rebooting all at same time instead of in proper order.

Only answer for short term power outages is to put a UPS on the modem , router, base ( or at least the base )... then most of the time there is no issues as to not functioning after outage ( esp if you travel away for a few days at time or vacation home )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Chazman562
Initiate
Initiate

We have the same disconnection issues.  the base station will not reboot even though we put on a UPS and tested it.  the system only shuts down after we leave and cannot be rebooted/reset with our phone app.  We are at a loss for what to do next.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is your whole network (modem, router and base) connected to the UPS?  The whole point of the UPS is so the network never goes down which leads to this problem.

rrcb360
Aspirant
Aspirant
It should be just like my modem and router. They go off...they turn back on do there little reboot and tada. All good.