Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Celectra
Initiate
Initiate
I have contacted Arlo in regards to a faulty camera, one month old still under warranty. They have deemed it faulty and agreed to send me a replacement. However, I need to pay for the return shipping of the faulty product!! I can’t believe there is no return label or return shipping number!! I don’t even think this can be allowed?
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

it has been this way with Netgear for as long as they have had Arlos

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Celectra
Initiate
Initiate
Is the fact they want me to cover the cost for return of a faulty product from Australia to the USA reasonable? I don’t think so!!!
silanah
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was going to suggest that you return the entire system to the Retailer but if you purchased it from USA that can be an issue as consumer rights in Australia may not apply. However if you purchased via ebay or Paypal then you can probably get a refund (or partial refund if you want to keep the system) anyway for the dud camera.  Then you buy another camera to replace the dud.

Alternatively if you paid for the system with your credit card, consider opening a case with credit card company to get a refund for entire system as 'not fit for purpose sold'. May work.

Did you contact Netgear in Australia to see is a better solution can be worked out to enable you to return camera in Australia and get replacement here?  The company worldwide is not known for customer support but you may luck out.

Jeff218
Aspirant
Aspirant

my base station stopped connecting to the internet.  Arlo has said they will replace the base station, but i was floored when i realized i had to pay to ship their faulty product.

meleu
Tutor
Tutor

I am in a similar situation.  Tried contacting support, and they isseued me an RMA.  But I need to pay for shipping.  On top of that, their whole RMA backend system is borked (email link doesn't work, or link errored out at the end of the RMA process and left me haning for weeks.  Finally I call back again and try to understand what's going on)

- bad RMA process

- paying for return shipment.

I will NOT recommend Arlo to anyone.

Calcameras
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue, and I am seriously thinking about sending everything back and buying a Nest camera instead, this poilcy sucks, it's apoor way to do business, especially since they hype it up to be such a great product.

Konde
Initiate
Initiate

I bought my camera in Costco, USA about 3 months ago. The camera itself is good and easy to use But one of the batteries kept draining and won't keep the fully charged unit more than 2 weeks at a time. When finally i recoqnized the problem I called ARLO.

They opened a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) with a link that didn't work. When I called them  again they told me I had to pay $16 for refurbished unit or additional $29 to expedite 3 to 5 business days shipping. I told asked them why I must pay if the unit is still under warranty. 

I told them it's cheaper for me to return the whole thing to the store and buy it again. They said the return is only good for 15 days. 15 days is not enough time to find the fault of unit.

I think it's better to stay away from Netgear products all together. I have similar issued before with my wifi extender. BTW, I am going sell my ARLO stocks too. This company cannot stay in business for long with their policy. The world of doing business has changed Netgear!