Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ognir
Guide
Guide
.Got my Arlo off EBay with no directions. Everything seems to work fine but when I try to connect my phone to Arlo and the internet,its asking for a password. What is this password?!?!
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

There is no point in the normal setup of an Arlo system where the user needs to enter a password for the base station to communicate with our router.

We load the app, plug the network cable into the router and base station, plug in the base station and then go through the add devices dialog in the mobile app or web app.

It is possible there is an exchange of passwords that goes on behind the scenes and unbeknownst to the user.  But a user never has to enter a password for anything other than the users Arlo account.

Have you tried a factory reset on the base station?  Perhaps it came to you without being reset and is still associated with the original owner’s account?

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the Product link at the top here, choose the type of camera you have and grab the manuals.

ognir
Guide
Guide
That doesn't help connect to the internet because I don't have the password notification that is coming up every time I try to connect, but Thanks anyway.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@ognir wrote:
.Got my Arlo off EBay with no directions. Everything seems to work fine but when I try to connect my phone to Arlo and the internet,its asking for a password. What is this password?!?!
Thanks.

Are you saying you were able to create an Arlo account and add the base and cameras to that account, but now that you are trying to use the Arlo app (which one, but the way...Android or iOS?) it is asking for password.  Screen shots might help.  Once you have set up an Arlo system via a browser, just logging into that same account on the mobile app should display your system.  The reverse is also true.

ognir
Guide
Guide
That may be the trick.
I will try tonight to make this work.
Thanks so much for your response.
ognir
Guide
Guide
Sorry to bug you again.
I'm following ALL the steps.
1.power cord on
2. Ethernet cable installed.

I still Cannot get the Net gear base station on-line.
There is a password I need and I have tried my Arlo account number and the numbers on the back of my ATT Router that the Arlo Base is plugged into.
This is just driving me crazy.
What is this damn password?!?!?!?
ognir
Guide
Guide
Hi, I'm on day 3 of trying to figure this out.
I cannot get my Arlo on-line because its asking for a. Password I DONT HAVE.
1.power cord on
2. Ethernet cable plugged in to ATT Router.
When I go to my phone settings under Netgear to connect this is what I'm running into.
I tried my Arlo Account password and the password on the back of my ATT router.

What is this damn password?!?!?!?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're not logging into the base itself which will never happen. You need to log into your account to be able to claim the base. It's cloud-based so you're conversing with the server which talks to the base.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Answered in you other thread.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

There is no point in the normal setup of an Arlo system where the user needs to enter a password for the base station to communicate with our router.

We load the app, plug the network cable into the router and base station, plug in the base station and then go through the add devices dialog in the mobile app or web app.

It is possible there is an exchange of passwords that goes on behind the scenes and unbeknownst to the user.  But a user never has to enter a password for anything other than the users Arlo account.

Have you tried a factory reset on the base station?  Perhaps it came to you without being reset and is still associated with the original owner’s account?

ognir
Guide
Guide
I've accessed my account, I follow the steps and this keeps popping up.
I'm STILL not online became the Arlo base isn't being recognized. Cause its not online.

This is ridiculous.

Anybody out there?
Any ideas???
ognir
Guide
Guide
I'll try the reset button, absolutely nothing else is working.
Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove any devices in Settings, My Devices, if present. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and then try to claim the base.

ognir
Guide
Guide
The factory reset was it!

Thank you so very much.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Excellent.  Glad to hear it.  Enjoy.

binkerman
Aspirant
Aspirant

To clarify: Did your factory reset allow you to set a password for your base station "network"? Our camera system formed its own network (Netgear78). THAT'S what asks for a password, which I've not been able to figure out.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@binkerman wrote:

To clarify: Did your factory reset allow you to set a password for your base station "network"? Our camera system formed its own network (Netgear78). THAT'S what asks for a password, which I've not been able to figure out.

You should never need that password.  The Arlo system should handle that all behind the scenes.  Once he did the factory reset and set up the system from scratch, he should never have seen a prompt for that password.

You should also not connect to that SSID yourself from a computer.  That is just for Arlo devices to communicate with the Arlo base.

Thegrants-3
Aspirant
Aspirant