Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue since 2017 regarding Geofencing in zone issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Djjimphiliips
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought an Arlo Pro 3 camera setup, and I’m thinking about returning this purchase due to annoying geofencing issues.. My wife and I have iPhones, and the ‘in zone’ and ‘out of zone’ are functioning just fine.. The problem is that in ‘geofencing’ mode, when my wife’s phone shows as ‘in zone’, the system automatically arms when I leave and my phone shows as ‘out of zone’. My wife triggers motion senseors constantly all throughout the day, and she and I both get push messages all day about motion detected across our different zones. I checked all settings reset both phones, and even tried restarting the whole system - nothing works. This is incredible annoying - can anybody help? If not, I will return this system and get one from another brand - maybe nest, as others have reported success with that system.

3 REPLIES 3
Skinner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Make sure you are not both signed in on same account the 2nd phone needs to be signed in with its own account different email and granted access from the main account

Djjimphiliips
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, thanks for the thought, but I did setup as two different accounts. I invited my wife by sending her an email, registered her as a separate account, and then set her up on the account. Not working. Any other ideas, or is this a bug with the Arlo system?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Skinner wrote:
Make sure you are not both signed in on same account the 2nd phone needs to be signed in with its own account different email and granted access from the main account

Seems like good advice, but I can confirm that even from different accounts the geofencing function will behave exactly as this user is reporting.  My wife and I were in different locations which both use Arlo geofencing and we were both triggering motion events and recordings even though we both showed up as “In zone” for the home in which we were located at the time and “out of zone” for the other.

Other fixes have been suggested...one in particular involves unchecking both devices in geofencing.  Saving (if appropriate), Closing the app, then opening the app and re-checking the two devices and saving.