Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Vande
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo community, I just received a notification on my camera page that three of my cameras are offline because they require a paid subscription now.  Why now after 3+ yrs of use?  Anyone else have this issue?  Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vande wrote:

Hi Arlo community, I just received a notification on my camera page that three of my cameras are offline because they require a paid subscription now.  

What camera models? (please don't give us the "H" number).

How many unsubscribed cameras are in the account?

RodRenee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received the same notification yesterday saying 3 cameras needed a paid subscription after 3+ years. I have the Pro 2 system that came with 4 cameras. I have added 2 additional Essential XL cameras since the original purchase. Why did this suddenly occur and is there a work around. Really don't want a subscription based system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RodRenee wrote:

I have the Pro 2 system that came with 4 cameras. I have added 2 additional Essential XL cameras since the original purchase. 

The 7-day free storage was always limited to 5 unsubscribed cameras per account.  You now have 6.

Also, the essentials (like all camera models introduced after 2018) require a subscription for any cloud storage.

If you don't care about cloud storage on the Essentials, then you could move them to a different account, and then share them  with the existing account.  You'd then get notifications and could livestream from them, and your 4 Pro 2 camera would start recording again.

Otherwise, you'd need to either subscribe or purchase a VMB4540/VMB5000 smarthub and use direct access to local storage. Direct access has a lot of limitations, if you don't know what they are, then I suggest you ask before you purchase the smarthub.

Vande
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, so how do I get the three older cameras back online?  If I reset the system will they stay offline?  Or will my other two cameras also go offline?  Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vande wrote:

Hello, so how do I get the three older cameras back online?  

Are they actually off-line?  Or just not recording?

How many cameras total are installed now?