Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Outdoor power adapter

Is there any idea of when netgear will start selling the outdoor power adapter for the arlo pro camera? On the netgear web site it says coming soon.
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor power adapter

Psv2363,

Target availability for the outdoor power adapter (vma4700) is April 14th mid-May.

JamesC

Message 2 of 16

All Replies
Community Manager

Psv2363,

Target availability for the outdoor power adapter (vma4700) is April 14th mid-May.

JamesC

Message 2 of 16
Aspirant

Any word on when this Outdoor Power Adapter will be available? I thought it would be available on April 14th. 

Message 3 of 16
Aspirant

I haven't seen any updates to the availability as of yet.
Message 4 of 16
Community Manager

I have escalated a request for more information on this products availability. I will post an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

Message 5 of 16
Luminary

Me too. I based my purchase of a 3 camera Arlo Pro setup last week on the fact that I could obtain an outdoor charger on or around April 14th. Any status updates?

Model: VMC4030| Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 6 of 16
Highlighted
Tutor

It does suck that the outdoor power adapter didn't release when we expected it, but it's not James fault. I blame netgear. It's just a simple cord for goodness sake.
Message 7 of 16
Community Manager

Target availability for the outdoor power adapter is the mid-May. I will post more information if anything changes.

JamesC

Message 8 of 16

That is very disapointing that the release of what appears to be a fairly simple power cable is taking so long.

I keep looking on Amazon and eBay and it looks like a lot of other third party providers are offering solutions for this much before NetGear is.

Message 9 of 16
Aspirant

Thanks for the update JamesC. Please keep me posted...
Message 10 of 16
Aspirant

Hi James,

could you provide an update?

thx,

LG

Message 11 of 16
MK6 Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi JamesC any further updates?

Message 12 of 16
Aspirant

James,

Any word back on availability?  We are 6+ weeks past the (second) targeted release date.  Please advise and thanks!

Jason

Message 13 of 16
Aspirant

Come on Arlo....

You mean to tell me you can design and introduce a partnership with Alexa this quick and you still can't get a damn "Outdoor Adapter" released. VERY DISSAPOINTING!!! Maybe we should ask "Alexa" for a powercord. 

Get your crap together and get this thing released. 

Message 14 of 16
MK6 Apprentice
Apprentice

Taking so long probably because it's not high priority. 

Message 15 of 16
Aspirant

go on Amazon and look up arlo pro outdoor cable. you'll be dead b4 netgear comes out with accessories you actually need.
Message 16 of 16