Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
Psv2363
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any idea of when netgear will start selling the outdoor power adapter for the arlo pro camera? On the netgear web site it says coming soon.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Psv2363,

Target availability for the outdoor power adapter (vma4700) is April 14th mid-May.

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Psv2363,

Target availability for the outdoor power adapter (vma4700) is April 14th mid-May.

JamesC

Dream5700
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any word on when this Outdoor Power Adapter will be available? I thought it would be available on April 14th. 

Psv2363
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven't seen any updates to the availability as of yet.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated a request for more information on this products availability. I will post an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

Me too. I based my purchase of a 3 camera Arlo Pro setup last week on the fact that I could obtain an outdoor charger on or around April 14th. Any status updates?

Roberob
Tutor
Tutor
It does suck that the outdoor power adapter didn't release when we expected it, but it's not James fault. I blame netgear. It's just a simple cord for goodness sake.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Target availability for the outdoor power adapter is the mid-May. I will post more information if anything changes.

JamesC

Pacific_NW
Tutor
Tutor

That is very disapointing that the release of what appears to be a fairly simple power cable is taking so long.

I keep looking on Amazon and eBay and it looks like a lot of other third party providers are offering solutions for this much before NetGear is.

Psv2363
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the update JamesC. Please keep me posted...
Ludwingalindo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

could you provide an update?

thx,

LG

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi JamesC any further updates?

jmkpolo
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Any word back on availability?  We are 6+ weeks past the (second) targeted release date.  Please advise and thanks!

Jason

Dream5700
Aspirant
Aspirant

Come on Arlo....

You mean to tell me you can design and introduce a partnership with Alexa this quick and you still can't get a damn "Outdoor Adapter" released. VERY DISSAPOINTING!!! Maybe we should ask "Alexa" for a powercord. 

Get your crap together and get this thing released. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Taking so long probably because it's not high priority. 

JayWHH
Aspirant
Aspirant
go on Amazon and look up arlo pro outdoor cable. you'll be dead b4 netgear comes out with accessories you actually need.