Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tj93p
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've had my Arlo Pro system with 4 wireless cameras for 6 months now using a Billion router.. I recently upgraded from ADSL so purchased an Orbi router. Since plugging the Orbi router in, if the router is rebooted or internet connection is lost when the Arlo base station reconnects the cameras do not reconnect.

I had to factory reset the base station, take each camera down and re sync them. Re-syncing often didn't work and I had to try with each camera several times. Now we had to reboot the Orbi again, once again the cameras won't connect back to the Arlo base.

The base has two green lights and no light where it should indicate the cameras are connected. When I bring the cameras down to the base and press sync they fail and blink with an amber light.
10 REPLIES 10
Streak2
Master Master
Master
Go into your app. and remove the base and cameras under settings - my devices. Then try and reinstall the base and cameras.
tj93p
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did that and factory reset the whole base station...
Streak2
Master Master
Master
I have been running orbi and arlo together for a long time with no issues. Is your orbi currently plugged into your internet router? If so then try and plug the base directly into that router to see if it makes a difference. Is your Orbi on the latest firmware?
tj93p
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Orbi is the only modem/router I have so yes the Arlo base is plugged directly into the Orbi which has the WAN connection
Streak2
Master Master
Master
What firmware are you running on the Orbi?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running Orbi and sat for over a year now, no issues... you should now be running FW xxx.16 ( IIRC )

Just wondering how long the reboot takes when the dsl is effected ?

Also if running a base off the Sat, it does take a little longer to come back after a router reboot.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tj93p
Aspirant
Aspirant
Both the Orbi and the Arlo are running the latest firmware.
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The Orbi and the Arlo base should both be using the exact same 2.4 GHz channel. Normally this happens automatically whether your 2.4 GHz is fixed or not, since the Arlo base is hoooked into your Orbi RBR or an RBS (40 or 50). Overlap will cause problems. Check using a WiFi analyser app to see the signal channels and strengths are:

1. There (Arlo base will be Netgear something, mine is 78)

2. Are using the same channel (this is to prevent overlap)

3. Are both at good strength at five to six feet away (-30db or better)

If all that is good then I would check out your modem firewall, or an issue with your ISP

tj93p
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Orbi and the Arlo are both on Ch 13 2.4ghz and a couple mb connection even when I am in the next room

The orbi is the modem/firewall/router.

It can't be an ISP issue as the Base station has a connection. Just the Cameras that won't sync to the base
tj93p
Aspirant
Aspirant
It appears to be a problem with the Orbi. I plugged a D link DIR-605L in and the cameras immediately reconnected to the base station