Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DigitalCK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a base with 4 cameras. One camera has stopped detecting motion. I have done motion detection test on the other three and they work as normal. The last camera will let me connect and view live video but the motion detection no longer functions on just that one.

I have tried the step of remove battery, delete device in app, wait 5 min, reinsert battery and readd to app with no luck

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the Armed mode? That one should work when nothing else does. If no good, contact support using the link at the bottom here.

DigitalCK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat

Yes I tried armed mode too.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-add it?

Jeeesstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with 2 of 5 cameras. Started after 10/27. Tried removing camera, power cycling the hub and adding the camera back. All the videos are still there when it comes back. Still won't record any motion activated videos but I can view live feeds.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jeeesstyles

Do you happen to have activity zones created for these two cameras?

DigitalCK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just back to update. Got with tech support and the camera is defective. Being replaced. Thanks for the tips y’all.
Jeeesstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant
No I do not have activity zones on these cameras
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jeeesstyles

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo tech Support

Jeeesstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant
Couldn’t get thru to the live chat on my phone, but was able to power cycle the cameras and that fixed the problem (I have already deleted camera, cycled the hub, and re added cameras)