Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One camera remains offline

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sejacobs1951
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of four cameras is off line and I can’t get it back on line. I have tried reinstalling it but it is still off line. I have tried resyncing it, changing batteries, but no luck. What am I doing wrong?

11 REPLIES 11
jfcoll
Star
Star

You are probably not doing anything wrong. I'm going through the same thing with one of my Pro cameras. The idea of this product is a great one. Unfortunately, the product itself is not great. My complaints about lag time, connection issues, etc., etc., are the same as everyone else. 10 months into my purchase I will now start the battle over a return/replacement as I have spent way too much time trying to make it work.  Connect,reconnect, remove, add, delete, upgrade, rinse, wash, repeat. 

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and install a real wired system.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try removing it and then re-adding it?  Or did you just resync?

jfcoll
Star
Star

Multiple times via iOS and Browser. (Chrome and Edg

Eufy looks promising. 

sejacobs1951
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have not got there yet, but have installed ring on the front door and it is not much better, it's delayed time is about the same.
sejacobs1951
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried everything but to hold my right foot in the air, stick my left finger up my butt and rotate three times in a circle.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

jfcoll
Star
Star

I did on Saturday. Have not heard anything yet. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jfcoll

I have escalated your case #41159653, customer support will be reaching out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

jfcoll
Star
Star

Never heard from anyone. I've pretty much given up this product. 

sejacobs1951
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have contacted customer service and they tell me the same thing, to uninstall base station and camers and start over. By do so it updates firmware. I did this and no results, same issue. They have not returned a answer because they have no answer other than upgrading to the latest and greatest cameras and base stations, no thanks. I will be going to a different system.
jfcoll
Star
Star

I really liked the idea of wireless battery powered cameras, with a magnet. Too bad they don't work. When I say they don't work I mean even the two that power on and record do me no good when the recording doesn't start for 5-10 seconds. There is no peace of mind with this product. These devices are advertised as security cameras. I don't feel very secure with a camera that starts recording after the bad guy is in your home. We can only hope it would get a recording of him leaving.