Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cbowling
Aspirant
Aspirant

So my camera doesn't recognize a recharged battery. The error message is to recharge the battery. I know it works since I tested it on another camera. Support says it's a virus they can fix for $100. Anyone ever heard of this expensive charge? My set is about one year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rbronco21
Aspirant
Aspirant

This one was hard to get to, so it took me a while. I climbed the ladder and popped the battery out for a minute or two and retried it before I swapped for another charged battery or to move to a different camera. That powered off time took care of the issue and it shows 100% now.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
cbowling
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's a VMC4000

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do NOT google for help...you end up with a fake service.

Only Arlo support is here; https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

It's not a virus BTW, but just may be an issue with camera... make sure the contacts are clean on both battery and camera.

Also, does it function when plugged in ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cbowling
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted them thru the chat (via PC) window on their site. From there a support guy called me. He would put me on hold a few times to "talk with the technicians". It took about 45 seconds for them to decide it was a virus. He wanted to schedule someone to come out to clear it for $99.99! My second camera is fine, BTW.  I'm fairly aware of phishing, but I did reach these forums from the same site.
I also traded out batteries with the other camera and camera contacts look clean. Thx for replying!

cbowling
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought it was strange when I got the call. I had just filled out the "request for a return call" window. I was expecting a call 9 am the next day. The call came within seconds of completing it & displayed "private number". It sounded like an outsourced agent.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey cbowling,

As TomMac mentioned, make sure you do contact our support team with the given link. Our support team will never ask you for payments, credit card numbers, or bank information for support service. Read more about it here: How can I avoid Arlo support scams?

rbronco21
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any resolution for this? I have a camera doing this now too.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi rbronco21,

Do you have another Arlo Pro camera? If so, try switching batteries and see if the other camera recognizes it.

Otherwise, you'll probably need to contact the support team to check your battery, which you can contact using the provided link.

rbronco21
Aspirant
Aspirant

This one was hard to get to, so it took me a while. I climbed the ladder and popped the battery out for a minute or two and retried it before I swapped for another charged battery or to move to a different camera. That powered off time took care of the issue and it shows 100% now.